Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Booking a first run print
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking a first run print

Booking a first run print 09 Feb 2005 15:03 #9783

Can a smaller run theatre that has two screens get a first run print on opening day, even if there are mutil-plexs about 10 miles away ??? I didnt know the stipulations with that, even though I would go through a film buyer. A former operator said I would never get the first run. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking a first run print 09 Feb 2005 23:44 #9784

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The 10-mile distance is something you can work with. For the moment, don't worry about it. What you'll need to convince the studios of is:

1. There is enough population in your drawing area to support prints in both theatres. In other words, you need to convince the studios that your audience will consist predominately of new customers... not merely siphoned off from the other theatre.

2. (If possible,) That you and your theatre have a history of positive financial performance, regardless what the other theatre is running.

The bottom line is that you need to convince the studios that you're creating an expanded market... that two prints in the area will make more money than just one.

I did this with 7-mile spacing, so I know it can be done. If your population and other market conditions permit, you might be able to do it, too.

The studios clearly want to make money. However, they won't give you a print if they believe your audience is just fragmented off what is already being generated at the other theatre.

Good luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction