Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby short supply of prints?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: short supply of prints?

short supply of prints? 25 Jan 2005 12:25 #9705

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Is it just me or is there a shorter print count in general? I am having more difficulty getting prints: Aviator (got it) Million Baby (nope) Good Company (nope) Coach Carter (nope) .... nrmally I'd have all these. They say "we're not going too wide." Anyone else?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: short supply of prints? 25 Jan 2005 13:36 #9706

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
ran into the same thing with 'In Good Company' just now. Haven't tried Baby yet but I expect to have troubles. Got Aviator with no problem. Had to wait for Finding Neverland. Sheesh!
"What a crazy business"

Re: short supply of prints? 25 Jan 2005 14:25 #9707

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, it seems that print counts are shorter this year. My booker keeps me informed as to how many prints and where we stand on the scale. We knew that Universal's biggest print count was for White Noise which we skipped. We won't be able to touch In Good Company or the Wedding Date unless they up the print counts. Million Dollar Baby and Sideways are not possible for us except on moveover from another theater. On the positive side - we got our print of Phantom of the Opera even though it was touch and go whether Warners would cut the Jan 21st widening. We are also scheduled for The Aviator on Friday with a warning that we might not get the prints on time for our first show as that has been happening in our area. We can always play our cards for the prints we didn't run at Christmas as it appears that audiences are not coming out now no mater what you are running and the constant snow is killing us. We are excited to have a committment for Pooh's Heffalump in February and hope that our other 3 choices also come in as expected but you never know until they are here.

Re: short supply of prints? 26 Jan 2005 14:44 #9708

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
doing the last minute thing with Finding Neverland this week. This is my first time getting a print on the day I show it. Hopefully all will be well......This part of the business makes me nervous as hell.
"What a crazy business"

Re: short supply of prints? 27 Jan 2005 09:13 #9709

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah, we've been suffering from slow wide release phenomenon. Although I can't say we're suffering badly at the moment. We opened "Finding Neverland" this Friday, and have had 1695 people so far for 13 shows. But we've been trying to get "Sideways" for awhile now and we probably can't show it till March at this point. And with the ever narrowing DVD release market.... We just finished showing Ray about 2 weeks ago, and I see the DVD release is next Tuesday. Too close....

Rance

Re: short supply of prints? 27 Jan 2005 13:20 #9710

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We've had similar problem too when it comes to getting prints. We wanted to show either In Good Company or Phantom of the Opera this weekend but couldn't because there weren't any prints available. Instead we got the Aviator, and with the recent 11 Oscar nominations, hopefully that one will do well for us.

We also asked about Pooh's Huffalump movie but right now, it doesn't look too good for us to play it because the studio is not going too wide. There are even theaters who grossed over $10000 when they showed the Incredibles but the studio won't give those theaters a print.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction