Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New seats

New seats 24 Jan 2005 22:49 #9701

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in the process of buying new seats again. Last time I bought Seating Concepts seats direct from the manufacturer. This time the same manufacturer is dragging their feet on the layout drawing. I just spoke to my cinema supply rep and he can get Irwins for about the same price. He is sending me seat pictures tomorrow. I have a slope floor that is a very gradual slope, like 1/2 inch per foot. Have any of you put in high back seats in a slope auditorium? Do your customers like them?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New seats 25 Jan 2005 00:04 #9702

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Several theaters in my area had high back seats over the years, but over the years the chain-owned theaters have replaced these seats with normal backed Chinese chairs.

Several years ago Irwin had some real quality control problems and lost several major accounts. Irwin has really tried hard to correct those problems and they are back to the top again with an excellent chair. I believe Irwin will give you a good price so I say go with Irwin.

Re: New seats 25 Jan 2005 01:52 #9703

• 4thGen
I second Ken's recommendations for Irwins. Our theatre is full of them. Irwin Comet 500's from 1954 in the balcony. Citations from 1972 on the main floor and Citations from 1996 in our second screen. I am also in the process of replacing the 1954 and 1972 Irwins. My theatre supplier is recommending Irwin Signatures but I have the same concerns you do about chair back height on a gradual slope floor. My plan is to put Citations in the balcony as it is stadium seated and does not have the riser height or leg room required for much more than that. Looking at the Signatures or Marquee for the main floor. The only problems I've ever had with the older Irwin seats is the seat springs breaking and they are kind of a bugger to replace. I've yet to have a spring break in the 1996 seats and it appears that they re-designed the springs and don't look as hard to replace.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction