Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby The Soft Drink War
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Soft Drink War

The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 12:32 #969

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
For those of you who use Coke or Pepsi Products. Why did you choose one over the other or do you use both. I'm trying to decide and could use some input on the subject. There has to be more to it then the taste. Let me hear from you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 13:21 #970

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We use Pepsi, because its a local business and they have been very good to us. They have provided really nice signage and enabled to buy our soda machines, ice machines, etc.with the national rebates we earn from buying their syrup. Takes longer to pay for that way, but you don't have to have the cash or make payments. While I'm sure that Coke probably has the same sort of setups, there is not a local Coke bottler and I always try to stay as local as much as I can. Besides helping other small local businesses, you get better service when you know the people personally.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 14:40 #971

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We chose neither and serve both. Rather than be owned by one or the other we bought our own equip and it gave us a lot of flexibility in choosing other brands which each of them carry. Both of them are fanatical about not allowing you to buy anything they have a version of from anyone else. If you have their equip.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 17:04 #972

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I just went to fountain drinks and i went with Pepsi because they are local. So, some of the money stays in the neighborhood. As far the product, under the same circumstances, it would have been coke.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 20:50 #973

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Boy I had a hard time finding this topic again. I thought it should be under Concession Equipment or something.

We opened the Rialto in January 2000. It had been a Pepsi house. I feel pretty stongly about the whole Coke vs Pepsi thing. I dislike Pepsi as a fountain drink. I called the Coke company to come out and change the service. They were helpful. They didn't charge us for the towers. They hauled away the old, rotting Pepsi towers.

We did have trouble convincing them of the type of soda heads we wanted. We wanted sensor rods and they didn't support that head. It took them three tries to get it right. But we knew what we wanted and we got it.

We have all the syrups for the fancy coffees. So you can have cherry coke, chocolate coke and vanilla coke as well as Italian sodas.

Although, I have heard storys of Pepsi riding to the rescue when Coke drops the ball. Play them against each other in order to get what you want.

Re: The Soft Drink War 13 Dec 2000 21:14 #974

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
we had coke, and made the switch to pepsi. better service all around. plus, how many teenagers out there drink mello yello? mountain dew is the big winner. pepsi has helped use promote special shows providing banners and syrup.

Re: The Soft Drink War 14 Dec 2000 00:48 #975

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
When I purchased my old theatre, it came with very old everything, including an old soda machine. The previous owner told me Coke products were cheaper than Pepsi. I called Pepsi and their product was considerably more expensive.

When I remodeled though, about a year later, I wanted to get a new machine with more heads. Coke said they would give me a tower to set on top of my current machine, but it would be awhile and I would have to install and service it. I then called the local Pepsi bottling company and asked what they would do for me. I told them about the tower offer and the product cost difference. They offered me a brand new eight head machine (no cost to me), which they would install and service for free, and national pricing of their product (about 20% less than my Coke prices at the time). I gladly accepted a five-year exclusive contract with them.

They didn't mention cups when this negotiation took place. When all was said, done, and installed, they asked how many cups I wanted to order and I said none. They said it was part of the agreement. I said it wasn't even discussed. When it came time to sign the contract that clause was crossed out. They haven't mentioned cups since. I am very happy with their deal and their service.

Oh yeah, when the nice Pepsi guy came to install the machine, he saw all my old Coca-Cola promotional stuff (clock, raggedy old menu boards & banners). He called his boss right then and told him to order me all that stuff--all new, all FREE. Anytime I need a new banner for some promotion, all I have to do is call and I get it in about 7-10 days. NO CHARGE.

Before the deal was made I did call Coke back and try to get the same deal--I really like the taste of Coke better--but they said they couldn't match Pepsi's offer for either the product price or the machine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction