Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Who Picks the Trailers
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who Picks the Trailers

Who Picks the Trailers 13 Dec 2000 12:24 #965

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Being in such tight scrutiny about the rating system and protection from children witnessing any form of violence. I would like to know how the trailers are chosen. On more then one occasion I've gotten trailers for G rated movies shown right along with PG and PG 13 rated ones. Can we elect not to show them together or do we have no choice in the matter? I have had complaints about this and am looking for a solution if there is one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Who Picks the Trailers 13 Dec 2000 13:34 #966

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
I pick and choose which trailers I play. If it is a film that I absolutely know we are not going to play, I don't use it. And I have always been careful about what trailers I play on G rated films. Partly because, like you, I've had complaints about unsuitable trailers, but mainly because I feel a certain responsibility.
You can always tell when the film companines think a film is going to big because you are bombarded with trailers. For example, last week with both Proof of Life and Vertical Limit, we were requested to play 8 or 9 trailers. My limit on any film is 5, since I usually don't have enough time
between shows for more, plus I think too many tends to irritate people and they lose their effect. Anyway, I feel like its my theater and I should have some control. The film companies can't control everything. It's bad enough when they make you hold films that are playing to empty auditoriums.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Who Picks the Trailers 13 Dec 2000 14:35 #967

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Trailers are so hard to get that # 1 we take any and all we can get, including cutting them off attached prints. We do program exactly what we want and sometimes it is not perfectly done. We did run "What Women Want" on Grinch because we knew there'd be a big crossover aud but I was still uncomf with the "Oh God! I looked at his crotch!" It happens. You run what you want. There is a strong move by many to not run even sanitized trailers for R rated movies at any films less rated. But these are often the same trailers that are shown on open TV sooooooo.... I try to keep the younger kids safe and the rest can usually care for themselves.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Who Picks the Trailers 13 Dec 2000 17:00 #968

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I find it particularly special when they send me a red-band trailer (the trailer itself is rated R), without the red band. So, in a hurry building up, i pop it in the front of a PG movie and peer out the port hole just in time to see full frontal nudity or hear language i used to ground my kids for.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction