Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How did Christmas weekend do for you?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How did Christmas weekend do for you?

How did Christmas weekend do for you? 27 Dec 2004 11:01 #9618

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I was wonder how everbody did with Christmas weekend? Both of our theaters was slower than usual for Friday and Saturday. Sunday was definately better at both places. Maybe next year we'll consider doing different showtimes to compensate for the slower nights.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 27 Dec 2004 14:50 #9619

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hmmmm, something strange going on then. I was just the opposite. I sold the place out most nights. My highest average week ever. What were your showtimes?
"What a crazy business"

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 27 Dec 2004 15:32 #9620

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
All of my first run houses did fair on Christmas eve day and good on Christmas day, but kicked butt on Sunday. My subrun houses did fair on Christmas eve (matinee only) and poor on Christmas day. Sunday was better, but still only mild for this time of year. I had a pretty good matinee at my theatre today. I hope the rest of the week does as well or better.

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 27 Dec 2004 22:33 #9621

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It sure seems that there was little or no second run business this past weekend - despite the fact that the first runs were doing well. It did not seem to matter what you had second run.

I consider myself a rational person but there doesn't seem to be any explanation that I can conjure.

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 28 Dec 2004 00:23 #9622

• 4thGen
This year is turning out to be a one picture Christmas. If you didn't have "Meet the Fockers" business was mediocre at best. Fockers has been huge for us since it opened. Wed & Thurs. were great, we were closed Fri. and Sat. & Sun were phenomenal.
"Lemony Snicket" on the other hand certainly is not living up to expectations. It's no Harry Potter and the comment I hear most about it is that its weird. We are dropping it this Friday for Ocean's 12. My booker commented to me today that if you take Fockers out of the picture, the grosses at his 5 plexes and up look like September grosses.

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 28 Dec 2004 00:32 #9623

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Meet The Fockers was my #3 picture this weekend - Fat Albert was #1 by a mile, followed by The Darkness.

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 28 Dec 2004 10:17 #9624

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
well, I just don't get it then. We kicked major tail all week and well into the weekend. We had Polar Express and my average all week was 85% of my maximum occupancy. I've never been that high before.

Meet the Fockers is suprising. I've got it penciled in to February and I'm looking forward to it. I was looking forward to Snickett too but now, from what I'm hearing, I'm cautiously optimistic.

What about Spanglish? Looks like something my audience would be all over but it hasn't exactly burned up the track.
"What a crazy business"

Re: How did Christmas weekend do for you? 28 Dec 2004 14:40 #9625

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear that Polar did so well for you... As mentioned when you booked it, Polar is a Christmas picture and you opened it in your market at just the right time, plus it has proven to have long legs despite its disappointing opening grosses... Sometimes we do something that makes good sense, and it works!...
Fockers should do well for you in February, but for the rest, it's up for grabs...

[This message has been edited by outaframe (edited December 28, 2004).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction