Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Movie ticket refunds
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Movie ticket refunds

Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 10:39 #959

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Found a news article on www.foxnews.com/enertainment which said that some theaters were giving a full money back guarantee to people who don't like the movie even when they sit through the whole thing. Do you know of any theaters doing this and how does it work? The article said it was unwritten and rarely publicized and that they didn't think customers would take advantage of it. Am I that cynical about human nature?
I think that there would be some people (and many not that many) who NEVER liked a film and therefore would never pay for it.
I've always felt that if we refunded money every time someone didn't like a movie, that we would be out of business really quick. You pays your buck(s) and take your chances. What do you think?
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 10:43 #960

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry, I can't type That link should have read www.foxnews.com/entertainment
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 11:22 #961

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh No,No,No,Linda! I for one don't think you're being too cynical about human nature. I feel that if people knew they could see a movie and get there money back-you bet they would.Most of the patrons would probably not abuse this system if they knew it. But I think there would be enough of them to cause damage in your profit margin.Unfortunately we don't have the moral base that this country had say, back in the 50's. I would only refund money if they saw maybe a fourth of the movie and came back and said they didn't like it. But agreeing with you again, "You pay your money and you take your chances."

Re: Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 15:13 #962

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
If everyone will implement this policy then I'd be all for it. Books (hated it!), plays (loathed it!) shirts (really bad style!) vacations (I'd never go THERE again!), restaurants (egads!) and etc. etc. We are like any other commoditity. You can get a refund or a pass if within a reasonable period of time you realize: "Hey! This film sucks!" But sit through the whole thing and you expect to get it back? Get a life! All I have to sell is oxygen, a seat, and an ears and eyeball full of image and story. And to get the whole thing? You pay for it. Hey! "This popcorn that I just finished eating? It wasn't really really great. Can I have my money back?" The one I like better is.... "Hey bartender. That drink sucked. Can I have another one instead of my money back?"

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 21:18 #963

• DJ Denis
  • Senior Boarder
There is such a thing as customer service, but it can be abused by certain patrons. If someone walks out of a movie after the first couple of scenes (due to profanity, illness, or a distaste for sex or violence), I could understand. But who in their right mind thinks they can sit through a movie and come out at the end saying they were dissatisfied. I think that this is asking way too much of theater owners to expect refunds.
THE LAURIE JONES BAND
with special guest AMY FOX
and opening act IAN PARKER
in a benefit concert
Saturday, May 11th at 7:30 PM
Union Street Brick Church (126 Union Street, Bangor)

All proceeds benefit Community Radio WERU-FM

Re: Movie ticket refunds 12 Dec 2000 23:16 #964

ON occasion I had to do this very thing but it was only to get the people out of my face. Most people come out afer 1/2 hour or so. Most of the time if the people put up enough stink they got a refund because if I did not do it coroprate office would hear it and the people would get thier money back + passes + free money to spend at the concession stand. and to top that off i would then lose my bonus so which was I going to do. Of course we had the people who said last time they were there some think happened and the manager said that they could come in free the next time. I would ask was it the Chineese manager? YES! they would reply . thats stange I don't have a Chineese manager. This sent them back to the box office line. TRy it some time its neat to see the expression on thier face
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction