Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Books for theatres
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Books for theatres

Books for theatres 14 Dec 2004 01:15 #9563

• larryb7313
  • Junior Boarder
Are there any books out there to help someone get into the business? I am looking to purchase a theatre and run it. I have worked in them for 8 years or so now but havent owened my own yet. are there such books?

Larry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Books for theatres 14 Dec 2004 10:52 #9564

• Karla
  • Fresh Boarder
The Movie Business Book by Jason E. Squire is pretty good. The 3rd Ed. just came out this year so it is up to date. It has chapters on just about any topic relating to movies. It also has one chapter on the exhibition side of the industry. I too am new to all this, and I found it pretty helpful.

Also, I found something called "Exhibition 101" on the forums that was great. It was put together by an exhibitor and it had LOTS of useful info. Go to: http://forums.delphiforums.com/exhibitor/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E and scroll towards the bottom until you find "Best of SMART Board Posts" inside that folder, you will find Exhibition 101.

Not to mention, go to the FAQ on this forum. It has the best information that I found anywhere. These are smart people

Good luck,
Karla

Re: Books for theatres 21 Dec 2004 16:13 #9565

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
The Business of Show Business is a book we sell here/ it's an appraisers guide to valuing movie theatres. Alo go to our booklist http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/commerce/books.cfm and spend 150.00 on the best books on the list.

There is no "how to" run a movie theatre book.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction