Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby where do you get films????
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: where do you get films????

where do you get films???? 29 Nov 2004 20:13 #9446

• jenelle
  • Fresh Boarder
hi there!
recently my family has become interested in reopening the vacant theatre in our town. i have read countless postings on this website (great information!) but i am still confused about where you get the films you show. i am not interested in first run movies but classic movies and certain independent films. where do you rent these films so you can show them to an audience? whats the best way to get these films?

thanks so much
jenelle
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: where do you get films???? 29 Nov 2004 20:29 #9447

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Best way for a novice to find these films is to hire a professional booker who knows this area of showbiz.

Re: where do you get films???? 29 Nov 2004 20:42 #9448

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
jenelle,

Great to have you on the site. I advise you to keep reading the old posts on this site (look in the FAQ section) as they have the answers to many of your questions.

Try these: http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum48/HTML/000001.html
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum48/HTML/000007.html

Many will advise for you to use a booker when you are first starting out. Several bookers frequent this forum and I've heard nothing but good things about them. I book for myself and have found it to be an good skill to have (at times frustrating and certainly time consuming, but interesting). Basically I call up the studio who is distributing the film I'm interested in and say "Can I show your movie"? It really is that simple. There is plenty of paperwork to fill out beforehand and sometimes things get lost or misinterpreted so save all correspondence. If you're not interested in going through that hassle then by all means use a booker to do this for you.

Good luck.

Leeler
"What a crazy business"

Re: where do you get films???? 29 Nov 2004 20:54 #9449

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
As others have noted, you can certainly do your own booking. However, if you're a bit shy on experience, letting a booker take care of this part of the business will let you concentrate on "running the show". Down the road... IF you really want to take it on yourself, you can always do your own booking.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it again with a cattle prod... but that's just me. Curiously, there are some here who actually enjoy it, and I salute them. They have a much more tolerant personality (temper?) than I!

Re: where do you get films???? 29 Nov 2004 20:58 #9450

• jenelle
  • Fresh Boarder
Larry, Leeler and Rodeojack

thank you for your help, i really appreciate it and will research your ideas further. the experience is daunting but very interesting! i know this is just one of many questions i will come to ask over the next few months.

thanks again,
have a good night
jenelle
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction