Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Am I nuts?

Am I nuts? 23 Nov 2004 12:16 #9428

• only_james
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there I am a newbie to owning a movie theatre but not running one, and I can use some SERIOUS help! I live in a town of around 20,000 with another 10000 or so college kids. We had 2 movie theatres with 2 screens a piece and one of them closed due to landlord forcing them out. I came up with the brilliant idea of wanting to build a multiplex. I was thinking along the lines of 6 screens 2-300 seaters, 2-200 seaters, and 2-100 seaters. I am in the very early stage of this whole thing. Does anyone think this is do-able and has anyone else done this? Thanks and I so happy I found such a wonderful resource.

James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Am I nuts? 24 Nov 2004 12:14 #9429

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, you're nuts!

Based on the limited information you provided, it seems possible. Do you have $6,000,000? It seems that new construction for a movie theatre costs about $1M per screen. Yes it can be done for less, but that's what I have heard. Also it seems that the big theatre chains look for a population of about 10,000 per screen. So based on your numbers that town would be guaranteed to support 3-screens. Many theatres do quite well on less population per screen and the collage population is also encouraging.

Re: Am I nuts? 24 Nov 2004 14:07 #9430

• only_james
  • Fresh Boarder
Well glad to know I am nuts and not just wondering if I am. The town used to have 6 screens but they were in crappy buildings that were falling apart. As far as the money goes I am working on that part. I am in talks with the small business association about financing, as well as forming an investment group to help get the ball running. The town I live in supported 4 screens with ease, both myself and the other manager NEVER lost money, so I thought with the majority of movies never even making it here why not make it bigger and better. Oh well. Thanks for the info. Looks like a long hard road ahead.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction