Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seats

Seats 07 Dec 2000 22:23 #936

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in the market for about 300 nice replacement seats. I actually found some that are supposed to be about four years old and in very good condition. The problem is they are manufactured by Seating Concepts and I was recently told by an Irwin dealer that Seating Concepts seats are made in Mexico. Someone once told me to stay away from seats from Mexico. Have any of you had problems with this manufacturer? Or does anyone know of any other good seats out there?

I did call about the free seats listed on this site, but they are 20 years old and about 4000 miles from here.

If anyone is interested, my 60 year old seats are for sale!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Seats 08 Dec 2000 00:31 #937

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have seating concept seats. If I had my preference I would have something different. There is nothing wrong with things made in Mexico. My mother's Jetta is made in Mexico. My Nokia cell phone esta Hecho en Mexico.

The nice thing is if you call up Seating Concepts and they have a crew in your area, they will send them by and fix all your seats for a dollar a seat. We did that and a nice crew of Mexicans showed up, plugged in the getto blaster and started shaking seats to see if they were loose. By morning they were done and gone and our public likes it very much.

Re: Seats 08 Dec 2000 01:12 #938

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We're VERY HAPPY with our new Seating Concepts seats at the Chehalis Theater. Customer after customer has complimented us on how comfortable our new seats are!

Re: Seats 08 Dec 2000 12:12 #939

Burney:

I saw your comment, and you seem to be asking for some input, and help regarding your seating quest. Your source is partly correct, Seating Concepts LLC products are manufactured in Mexico City (and have been for 75 years this year), but there is also a manufacturing facility in Malaysia. We are very much a global company. Matter-of-fact Seating Concepts deals with circuits all over the world. There are two manufacturers in Mexico, sounds like the "Irwin dealer" that you have spoken to is unclear about some of the facts. Dealers carry a tremendous array of products, and it can be difficult to be an expert on everything. Frankly I don't know how they do it. Burney, please give me the opportunity to give you the real story of Seating Concepts and our quality standards. I am the Western Regional Cinema Sales Representative for Seating Concepts, and it would be my pleasure to answer any questions regarding our product line, or seating in general. Anyone who is reading this note and needs help with seating please Email your questions to me and I will be happy to serve you!

Seating Guy

Re: Seats 08 Dec 2000 12:25 #940

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Burney Falls-Have you tried going to the Directory Site on BigScreenBiz? I found four listings for seating if you care to look into other options. On the Directory Search field just type in seating and it should give you the four listings. Iwin Seating out of Grand Rapids, MI.,Premier Seating out of Balto,MD.,Seating Concepts out of San Diego,CA.,and Series International out of Miami,FL. Good luck in your search.

Re: Seats 09 Dec 2000 02:12 #941

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks everybody. I spoke to "Seating Guy" and I am looking into some options there. I will also inquire into the others. I have sold several of my old seats and may soon be seatless. That could be really bad.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction