Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting Going

Getting Going 11 Nov 2004 10:35 #9279

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
Alright everybody, I just thought I'd give an update. I'm still waiting on the landlord to get me as-builts on the unit so I can get them to Mesbur Smith so we can get an initial idea so I can get a building quote. Phew. I'm also waiting on Boston Light and Sound to get me the equipment quote (its been a week since he said he was going to send it, hmm). If this goes, we'll use Larry as our booker - he's been a tremendous help and I thank him for everything. But before any of the above can be done, I'm still looking for financing. How has everyone here gone about this? I'm shopping some friends-of-friends with the business plan, but what other options are there besides concession financing? And do I really want to lease my concession stand to someone else for 10 years and take 55% commission? Thanks everyone, and back to the drawing board.

-Sam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting Going 11 Nov 2004 11:01 #9280

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
IMHO anyone who leases out his concession stand instead of operating it himself is a major fool. Everyone knows that we are not really movie theatres but rather fast food purveyors who happen to have a big screen.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited November 11, 2004).]

Re: Getting Going 11 Nov 2004 13:51 #9281

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
But a commercial lease is a great way to go.

You can lease the seats, projection equipment and the concession equipment. All the vendors of this equipment have dealt with leasing companies and can steer you in the right direction.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited November 11, 2004).]

Re: Getting Going 11 Nov 2004 14:05 #9282

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
A lot of my cost is coming from the actual buildout though, and thats where I need the money for. I will have to look into commercial leasing for everything else, though. Thanks.

Re: Getting Going 11 Nov 2004 17:29 #9283

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
My suggestion to you - buy most of your equipment. It will most definitely be worth the capital outlay in the future. You would probably be better off getting a commercial loan for the equipment then leasing it. Usually, about 20% down is required.

Re: Getting Going 12 Nov 2004 12:22 #9284

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Someone said that GE Capital is loaning for theatres and that they have a division or expert just for movie builds.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction