Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby I found one! The quest begins.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I found one! The quest begins.

I found one! The quest begins. 16 Oct 2004 11:29 #9124

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
I'm so excited. I found an old single-screen in Midtown Atlanta that's up for lease. I'm hopefully going to schedule a walkthrough for Tuesday. I'll get some pictures if anyone wants to see. According to sources, it's a single screen with almost 800 seats! I'd probably duplex it, or even make it three seperate screens. I'd like to do a cinema / cafe development. We'll offer the staples, as well as coffee and deserts. Does anyone have recomendations for seating vendors? I'm going to try to do most of the lobby renovation myself, with some help from friends (I know a carpenter/plumber, and I can do electrical and some basic carpentry). I've already got an old corporation that I can adjust for this purpose. I can't wait to see what condition it's in. It's in the middle of a busy strip mall. It actually looks quite small from the outside (maybe 20-25 feet of actual retail frontage) - but somewhere in there is a huge theater! Thank's everybody for your support. Back to writing the business plan (eh!).

-Sam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I found one! The quest begins. 16 Oct 2004 11:40 #9125

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Go to Show East next week in Orlando. You only need to go one day, either Tuesday or Wednesday and pay to attend the Trade Show. You can talk to all the vendors in the film industry there in one place.

For more information:
http://www.showeast.com/filmgroup/showeast/index.jsp

Re: I found one! The quest begins. 16 Oct 2004 14:09 #9126

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Good luck in your venture. Sounds nice. Post pictures would love to see.
While your writting your business plan maybe you can help out Wendy!

Re: I found one! The quest begins. 18 Oct 2004 12:23 #9127

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
A kink has come up. In the strip center with my to-be theater, there is a Publix. And Publix does not want the closed cinema to be a cinema anymore - thats why its been vacant for 4 years. They cite concerns over parking. Is there anything I can do? Has anyone had this problem before?

Re: I found one! The quest begins. 18 Oct 2004 15:11 #9128

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
Had a similar, but slightly different situation. In looking for alternate revenue sources we were once looking at auditorium rental for non-movie events. The lease disallowed church services. The reason was the landlord had agreed to a provision in an A&P lease that precluded churches. A&P wanted it because of their perception of parking lot issues.

BTW, the landlord said that if the theater hadn't been there first, A&P would also have insisted on the exclusion of a movie theater in the shopping center as a condition of their signing a lease.

Finally, be aware that the supermarket is paying a lot more per square foot than you would be willing to pay for theater space.

Re: I found one! The quest begins. 18 Oct 2004 21:19 #9129

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
I've had to write off my original space, discussed here, due to the fact that the landlord started flattening the floor in the auditorium last friday. Back to square one.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction