Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Concession Packageing
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession Packageing

Concession Packageing 29 Nov 2000 12:52 #911

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Being a small theater owner and looking to always cut costs when possible. I was wondering if any of you have done comparisons with regards to the Advertising concession products-cups,popcorn bags, and trays-with the same generic counterparts. They say that the Advertising products increase business because they promote up-coming movies. Gee, I kind of thought that the trailers did that. I would like to hear thoughts on this and what you have found to be true.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concession Packageing 30 Nov 2000 11:04 #912

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Everything we can do to promote our business and the business of movies is done. We don't just do trailers, or one sheets, or reviews, or web site, or e-mail, or posters in 70 locations, or adverts in 7 papers, or keep an elephant on the roof! One does not allow you to do nothing else. That said: We don't buy a lot of this stuff because it's more expensive and when we do it we generally buy the collectibles like tubs or cups that people can take home.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Concession Packageing 30 Nov 2000 21:45 #913

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
I agree with Mike, although we don't have an elephant on our roof. Those special concession cups/trays are expensive. If you don't move them you will look kinda foolish using them after the film has left the building.

Re: Concession Packageing 01 Dec 2000 11:07 #914

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
The feeling I'm getting from the replies so far is that maybe this is a big guy thing. The big movie chains probably buy into this big time. One more reason why there hurting. I feel the same way as the two of you. Who wants to be stuck with cups,bags,and trays that are outdated.
I've visited other movie houses that are using a promotion package for a movie that has been long gone and my normal response was "Hay guys, this movie went by already." So I guess I'm saying that I don't want that kind of response from people who visit my theatre.

Re: Concession Packageing 02 Dec 2000 17:06 #915

Stick to the regular stuff When I was with the big guys we were stuck with bags for movies well after it left. And they got worse with it having everything sponsored by something such as american express medium popcorn bags.It was really getting rediculous when I left. They had us handing out free samples and coupons for stuff like my favorite was pepcid ac ("Does that mean your concessions is gonna make me sick?") This is why the big boys are having thier troubles through overbuilding they were spending too much time trying to make a buck on something else instad of taking care of customers. Stay away from promo concession stuff.

Re: Concession Packageing 04 Dec 2000 11:27 #916

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Got the message loud and clear!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction