Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Shark Tail Promotion
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shark Tail Promotion

Shark Tail Promotion 21 Sep 2004 12:06 #9097

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I was wondering if anybody was planning on doing any promotion work for the opening of Shark Tail? We got a promotion packet from Dreamworks about trying to promote the movie. Our weekend manager is gun-ho about getting a lot of these ideas off the ground. She has already obtained donated gifts from local business for prizes. I guess we are going to do a coloring contest, guess the fish (crackers) in the bowl, face painting (having clowns from the local college come in for free), and paint the windows. I don't know what else is going to be done since this is mainly her project. I was wondering if anyone else plans on doing anything for the film.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shark Tail Promotion 05 Oct 2004 12:19 #9098

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I take it no one participated in any Shark Tale promotions. We held a kids day event at our 4-screen this past weekend. We had our theater decorated in fish pinatas, green and blue crate paper with paper fish attached to them, Shark Tale plush characters, Shark Tale table coverings, and painted the front doors and windows with Shark Tale characters. At the kids days, we had a coloring contest, guess the number of fish (crackers) in the bowl, a pretend fishing game, face painting, and an art and crafts table.

The turnout seemed pretty good. We had an article in the newspaper about it and we are getting another article in next week's paper. I think it helped to bring in a few extra people instead of them going elsewhere to watch the movie. We are already planning on other kids day activities and promotions for The Incredibles and Sponge Bob.

Re: Shark Tail Promotion 07 Oct 2004 18:08 #9099

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
'gut,

what were your most succesful promotions? I'd like to do something. I'm currently planning this pic for Thanksgiving week and from what I've heard it should do well. I need it!
"What a crazy business"

Re: Shark Tail Promotion 08 Oct 2004 13:37 #9100

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Promotions do help. We won the Zoro contest and received 2500.00!

On the other hand nothing promotes like a good movie and Shrak Tale is good.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Shark Tail Promotion 10 Oct 2004 14:47 #9101

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Leeler,

I think the promotion went well. I wasn't there during the opening weekend when most of the stuff happened. But from what I gathered, most of the stuff went pretty good. We had an article in the newspaper about it so a lot of people knew about it from there. When a person bought a ticket, they were given 3 tickets that they could redeem at one of the areas.

There was a fishing pool type of game where people used little fishing polls that had magnates attached to them to pick up the fish; if the fish had a certain number, they won a "big" prize. However, I told the person in charge of it to go ahead and give "small" prizes to people even if they don't win. From what I heard, the kids were happy to get just about anything, even some leftover Yu-Gi-Oh! cards that we had.

I think there might have been some face painting but I don't know how much of it was done. We were going to see about a local clown school coming in to do it but they wouldn't it (even though they were at an event earlier in the day next door to the theater).

The crafts went okay too I think.

We also had a coloring contest, though I don't think it was well organized. We had a local printing place donate a few hundred copies of the coloring page and the person in charge took some to local businesses and left some at the theater. However, I don't think she put any signs near them to inform people it was an actual contest (even though the name and adress of the theater were printed on each coloring page). Thus far, we have only had 6 coloring pages returned. I think if it was better organized, then we would have had more returned.

We are also currently doing a "guess the number of fish (crackers) in the bowl" game. When a person bought a ticket to Shark Tale, they were given one form to use to guess the number of fish. Probably in a week or so we'll take it down and hand out the prizes for the closet guesses.

We are also doing a bounce back with the local Burger King where for each ticket purchase of Shark Tale, they get a coupon for a free small fry at Burger King. I don't know how effective it is.

I hope this helps. You can always contact Dreamworks because they sent us a promotional book with ideas for doing promotional stuff. They also sent us some promotional items, such as hats, shirts that kids on color on, tatoos, plushes, mini-posters, and so forth (although some of the stuff you can only get if you do something like a radio or newspaper advertisement for the movie). There is a managers contest going on for the promotional stuff with some neat prizes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction