Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Pittsburgh Drafthouses
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pittsburgh Drafthouses

Pittsburgh Drafthouses 27 Sep 2004 20:07 #9072

• El Jefe
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a real estate developer who has recently caught the Historic Movie theater bug. I have 2 Art Deco theaters under contract in the Pittsburgh, Pa., with the intent of redeveloping them as "drafthouse" formats. I have an impressive development team put together, which include Historic Rehab Architects, Tax credit consultants, Boutique Hoteliers, and an independant film maker.

I want to co-develop (joint venture) our first few deals with an established firm with a presence in Pa., or experience in running 1 and 2 screen venues. We intend to go with ultra high quality seating and unconventional concessions. The format will be, coincidentally, unconventional as well.

If anyone knows any theater operators interested in a project like this please forward them to me. I can email photos, revenue projections, business plan.

Also, if there is an operator interested in redeveloping a historic theater in another location, pass them along as well. We are offering architectural and design services for historic theaters

Thanks All,

Geoff Vaughan
Borden Vaughan Development
713 532 4290
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pittsburgh Drafthouses 29 Sep 2004 12:37 #9073

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
A Cinema Drafthouse is a Restaurant/Bar that also shows films. It very much helps if you have an experienced restaurant manager and a competent cinema manager as well.

Don’t think of it as a cinema with an enhanced concession stand, it won’t work.

Single screen theatres are very hard to make profitable. The drafthouse might make a difference.

Good luck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction