Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Letter from customer 9/15/04

Letter from customer 9/15/04 15 Sep 2004 17:39 #9003

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Custodial Staff (Working the night of 9/10/04)
C/O Rialto Cinemas Lakeside
Santa Rosa, CA 95405

Hello, Friends:

I am the jerk who dropped the large glass Orangina bottle at the midnight showing of Donnie Darko. That was the first (and last, definitely) time I have "smuggled" anything into your theatre. I am plagued and overwhelmed by guilt. I love you all. I am a jerk.

Sincerest Apologies,

A****

Enclosed: $10 bill.

A****
Rohnert Park, CA

A****,

Thank you so much for your note. It cheers me to know that there are some people out there with a conscience.

One of the many reasons theatres do not allow outside food and drink is because we don’t want glass bottles in the theatres, with the darkness with the concrete floors. Never mind the glass shards from a broken bottle, but you have heard that rattle as a bottle or can, rolls down the sloped floor to the front of the auditorium.

Although I would never sneak food in to a movie theatre (just because I’m too lazy to plan ahead), my business partner does. He is notorious for sneaking in hot tea and a cookie to Sony’s Metreon in San Francisco. I may have to turn him in sometime. He justifies it by telling me that they don’t serve tea and cookies in their concession stand.

Well, we appreciate your note and I will give the note and the $10 to our hard working janitors, Felipe and Estilita. All is forgiven and we are glad you are enjoying our midnight movies.

Ian Price
Rialto Cinemas Lakeside
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Letter from customer 9/15/04 15 Sep 2004 22:59 #9004

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
That's teriffic, Ian.

I can't tell you how many times I had to deal with people who left me piles of spit-out sunflower seeds, peanut shells, etc... thinking nothing of trashing my floors where they might not do it at their homes.

Unfortunately for us, the local chain theatres... while posting "no outside food" signs, didn't enforce the policy... trying to make US look bad because we did.

Re: Letter from customer 9/15/04 15 Sep 2004 23:21 #9005

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow!... That guy is a Prince!... You oughta give him a pass for being such a decent human being...

Yeah JACK, how 'bout a dumped over drink cup filled with snuff spittle... Really a joy to clean up!

Re: Letter from customer 9/15/04 16 Sep 2004 20:02 #9006

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
"how 'bout a dumped over drink cup filled with snuff spittle..."

We didn't get much of that up here in the Seattle area. On the other hand, I once had a theatre in S. Oregon, in the heart of logging country down there. Kicked-over cups of chew spit was my #1 pet peeve. Yecch!

Re: Letter from customer 9/15/04 16 Sep 2004 20:20 #9007

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not located in "red neck" country either, it's mostly teenagers who seem to be snuff and tobacco chewers... Can't imagine "chewing" can be much of an asset to a teeny bopper's love life, but with today's punks, who knows?... Tell ya a BETTER one... Years ago I was playing one of those stupid 4 wall "nature operas," and after the last showing of the night, somebody down near the front pitched a drink cup full of snuff spittle dead-center in the middle of the screen... Now THAT was a REAL MESS to clean up!... Took about an hour to scrub all that brown juice off the screen before it made a permanent stain... I would have MUCH RATHER refunded his money, if he was THAT unhappy with the movie!... In some respects I can't blame him, the picture WAS a piece of crap, but I didn't make it, so why kill the messenger... Oh, well... ;-}
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction