Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: old screens?

old screens? 13 Sep 2004 09:40 #8975

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Can anyone help this man dedicated to opening a vintage screenings venue for local college kids? His registered non-profit "Brady Street Film Center" is a conversion of portions of his Brady Street Pharmacy which prior to 1954 was the ASTOR theatre, a 1912 cinema. If you are ever in Milwaukee, you must stop by the pharmacy on Brady St. at Astor St. and see the unusual transformation! Contact him directly via his E-mail address if you can be of help.

To: "Jim Rankin" <[email protected]>
Subject: Request for Help
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:30:04 -0500
Dear Jim,

We finally got an occupancy permit. The sound system is operational. The screen frame is up.

We need a small perforated snow white screen - used. We can re-cut to fit our frame - about 10 x 20' Please pass this on. Perhaps some one knows of a theater that is about to come down.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimor (edited September 13, 2004).]
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: old screens? 13 Sep 2004 13:06 #8976

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I may be taking down an old screen in California in a couple months, but new ones don't cost that much and would make the presentation much, much better.

Re: old screens? 13 Sep 2004 16:30 #8977

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
The Parmatown Cinemas in Parma, Oh is being demolished. Unfortunately, I don't know whether it is already gone or not in the past 3 weeks. Contact the mall owners- RMS Investments at 440 885-5506. When I was last there I think that there may have been one screen that had not been cut by the speaker scavengers. (Don't bother calling them for any other equipment as there is nothing else left there.
We had fun.)

Re: old screens? 13 Sep 2004 17:57 #8978

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
buy new screens

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction