Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regal cinemas

Regal cinemas 18 Aug 2004 02:52 #8968

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi,

Just wanted to know.... did anybody ever work within the Regal chain. A friend of mine got an offer for a manager and I told him I would ask my friendly neighborhood exhibitors.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Regal cinemas 18 Aug 2004 12:19 #8969

I did a long time ago, when they were first starting out. Have several friends that went with Regal and either are still with them or moved on. Was there anything imparticular you were wanting to know?

Re: Regal cinemas 18 Aug 2004 12:34 #8970

• R.Celusta
  • Fresh Boarder
I currently work for Regal in the Chicago market. Have been with them for four years coming from General Cinemas. While no company is perfect I have enjoyed working for Regal. They have been very competitive with compensation and there are countless opportunities for advancement. From speaking to other managers in other Districts I think a large part of how happy a manager will be is based on the District Manager they work for. I have been lucky to work for some great DM's so I'm guessing my opinion may be somewhat skewed. Please let me know if you need any specifics on Regal or the particular theatre or District your friend was hired into.

Re: Regal cinemas 18 Aug 2004 17:43 #8971

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I am a new hire with Regal in Poulsbo, Washington having come out of retirement to take a position as manager. I have learned very quickly that it all depends on the GM at the theatre your friend will work for.

My GM is a great guy and has a good reputation among the staff. He is also very concerned about screen presentation. Officially Regal is an employee friendly company.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
"Back In The Saddle Again"
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Regal cinemas 19 Aug 2004 18:22 #8972

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much. My friend passed the info onto me and I went down. They seemed pretty friendly and are interested in me just because of my projection experience.
I had the feeling of a very family and friendly atmosphere, I thank for all the past experiences and will be pursuing this.
I will keep you posted!

Re: Regal cinemas 12 Sep 2004 00:27 #8973

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
I found in NY it is more money and less stress to be a projectionsit than a manager!
I will keep you posted if things change!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction