Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Small Luxury Boxes
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Small Luxury Boxes

Small Luxury Boxes 18 Nov 2000 12:13 #890

• DJ Denis
  • Senior Boarder
I have an idea for my theater and am wondering if other theater owners have attempted similar projects. In two of our theaters, I am debating the creation of "small luxury boxes". They would be accessed via a separate spiral staircase that leads up to a mini-balcony (similar to that used in opera houses of the past). Those "premier" seats would be $10 a ticket (instead of the $6 that we charge now). I have also envisioned staff delivery of an order to the seats. This would be equivalent to a first-class seat on an airplane. What does everyone else think about this?
THE LAURIE JONES BAND
with special guest AMY FOX
and opening act IAN PARKER
in a benefit concert
Saturday, May 11th at 7:30 PM
Union Street Brick Church (126 Union Street, Bangor)

All proceeds benefit Community Radio WERU-FM
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Small Luxury Boxes 18 Nov 2000 20:08 #891

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
The big questions are fire marshall access / does one need two stairways? Is handicap access an issue? What's the cost vs the new seating? We have two theatres where this would work but head room becomes an issue. In general I think that whatever you can do to improve your theatre is a must do.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Small Luxury Boxes 18 Nov 2000 21:23 #892

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The stairway is a big issue. ADA may reqire an expensive ELEVATOR with more emergency exits with RAMPS!

Re: Small Luxury Boxes 21 Nov 2000 14:18 #893

• DJ Denis
  • Senior Boarder
Bureaucracy has its drawbacks, eh? Leaving aside the potential headaches of constructing balconies and making them legal, what do people think of the marketing concept? Would patrons pay more for the VIP treatment? Do you think a reserved balcony lounge seat would make people shell out a few extra bucks? It seems like it could work and represent a new level of comfort and style. It would probably even pay for itself, no?
THE LAURIE JONES BAND
with special guest AMY FOX
and opening act IAN PARKER
in a benefit concert
Saturday, May 11th at 7:30 PM
Union Street Brick Church (126 Union Street, Bangor)

All proceeds benefit Community Radio WERU-FM

Re: Small Luxury Boxes 22 Nov 2000 12:02 #894

This concept has been tried by a few of the big boys. The company I used to work for has tried this concept in a few of thier larger markets by creating a VIP viewing rooms with all recliners and personal wait staff. Gorumet foods and expensive wines etc. The charge for theses seats was I think 20 to 30 dollars plus no one under 21 was allowed. this did not include price of the meal.I don't think that these went over well but the cost was the main factor. Now if you provided some luxury away from pesky punk kids and some personal attention and did not make it too costly people might like the idea. It all depends on what your market will bear. You might get some complaints as to why everyone ca't sit in that section , but as you know someone in the world will complain about something at any givin time. In my personal opinion I don't think I would do it having seen others fail at it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction