Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Catching them stealing

Catching them stealing 11 Nov 2000 20:19 #852

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I popped in one evening and the tik gal had that weird radar look which set me off so we're doing head counts/ money switches/ and a few other games. What do you do when you suspect someone is stealing?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Catching them stealing 11 Nov 2000 21:23 #853

I watch very close to monitor this person. Is it cashiers or people snaking in?

Re: Catching them stealing 11 Nov 2000 21:27 #854

Ooops that was sneaking in. It was kind of hard to tell when someone was stealing unless it was obvious or there drawer always came up short. I caught two Box girls making bogus refunds by punching up tickets tearing them in half and refunding both stubs. Patrons sign a slip with thier address. One of the girls was stupid enough to use a bogus name with her address. I only caught this because she lived on an odd named street.
But who said thieves were smart.

Re: Catching them stealing 12 Nov 2000 00:33 #855

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
At one time a local theater had HUGGINS cash registers and the box people were stealing left and right. It seems there was a defect in the registers that allowed the cashiers to issue a VOID ticket without the void showing up. They would issue a Void ticket and pocket the money! I fixed it by unsoldering the void pushbutton switch. If they needed to void anything from then on, they would have the manager initial the journal receipt.

Re: Catching them stealing 14 Nov 2000 11:38 #856

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Because we do use a software tik system ...a person can sell their own tickets if they wanted to. The only way we can catch them is through surveil and counts which we'll do from time to time. I just hired a new person and told her though we're nice guys we're also hunters: don't steal. The one thing is this: where there's money people will steal.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction