Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Beefing up for Holidays
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beefing up for Holidays

Beefing up for Holidays 13 Nov 2000 22:27 #849

i was wondering how the independant ones of us out there handle the larger influx of holiday patrons. When I was with the chian we had to almost every year emergency hire a staff because our regular staff went on vaction for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anyone else have to do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Beefing up for Holidays 14 Nov 2000 01:40 #850

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Luckily, we have our college kids coming back for the thanksgiving weekend and for an entire 3 weeks for Xmas break. That will come in handy as I left as manager two weeks ago. I just got tired of having to work with two other managers that sit around and clown around with their friends. What ever happened to employees that actually work? Our theatre was turning into a party zone with all their friends having late night screenings with beer and pot. I pity any theatre owners out there that don't watch their property and let the kids take over. Thats what has happened to this location. Oops, sorry to get off subject. But, I actually enjoyed my job, while there. Now if only I can find a job in another small theatre in the Milwaukee area, I will be a happy camper!

Re: Beefing up for Holidays 14 Nov 2000 11:32 #851

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We definitely add help and what I notice is that when biz is slow during the fall the regulars start to think it will never pick up. We got slammed by Nicky and Charlie and you quickly find when and where people are slacking on stocking and prep. For fast help... I find that almost anyone can run and fill a popcorn machine, do bagging, etc. We put the experienced on the register and the newbies on the pops.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction