Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: running time

running time 03 Jun 2004 11:18 #8343

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
What exactly is the rule for running times? Do the figures they release include credits or not? From what I can gather SOME times they do and SOME times they don't. Well, quite frankly, that's stupid....there, I've vented, I feel better now. But seriously, is there any rhyme or reason to it? It's awful tough to schedule and advertise movie times when you have to actually clock the film yourself to get an honest answer.
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: running time 04 Jun 2004 08:46 #8344

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
From an article I once read in one of Leonard Maltin's MOVIE AND VIDEO GUIDES, there are as many running times as there are people recording them. He said that he tries to use the "Academy" running time, if there is one, otherwise he accepts whatever the distributor says unless it is obviously so off as to seriously inconvenience the viewer, in which case his staff times the film itself, from first image on the screen to the last. If only our SMPTE had some 'power' to enforce its definition of Running Time (whatever that is), maybe, just maybe we Americans would have a single Standard as to such. But it's as with our Ratings being "voluntary": there is no universal compliance; the supposed 'free market' is supposed to accomplish all this! Yeah, sure.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction