Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Too Much Hyp

Too Much Hyp 31 Oct 2000 13:59 #821

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Seems like "Book of Shadows:Blair Witch 2" is coming up hollow. Its not doing well anywhere according to all we speak to and to the people who have commented about it on this site. It may be just an observation and not werth any weight at all. But I seem to find that the more t.v. promotion a movie gets the worse it does when it finally comes out.
If that being the case I fear for New Lines "Lord of the Rings" trilogy which alresdy has its own website. The first installment not coming out till Christmas of 2001.
What are your takes on t.v.time for movie advertising? Can there be too much play? What about all these movie websites that crop up. Can all this attention actually hurt a movie when it makes its opening date start?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Too Much Hyp 01 Nov 2000 00:50 #822

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Perhaps the people that produce the trailers should make the actual films.

I do not believe the tons of tv advertising can possibly hurt a movie. Its the lame ass (pardon my language) movie critics that review the film the day of its release that should be stopped. I have yet to see a positive review from one of these characters. On the subject of websites, I think that a lot of them are slicker than the actual movie they are promoting.

Re: Too Much Hyp 01 Nov 2000 07:46 #823

I think it depends on the type of hype it is. Take the original Blair Witch P.In my opinion one of the worst production value movies I have ever tried to watch. I showed absolutely no trailers and there were no television advertisements before its release(atleast around here) and it blew my doors off opening weekend. There was such an underground hype about this movie it was unreal.People either hated it or they loved it it was that simple there was no "inbetween" It does not surprise me that the second one is crap (pardon my French) It was I am sure produced in a hurry to try to ride the coattails of its predecessor and turned up lame.

Re: Too Much Hyp 01 Nov 2000 11:23 #824

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Blair Witch 2 had the largest opening screen count ever for a Fall release: More than Toy Story 2, Pokemon, The World Is Not Enough...and with all that they couldn't take down The Parents!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction