Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Looking for a theater.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for a theater.

Looking for a theater. 27 Apr 2004 15:21 #8112

• newtothis
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking for a 3-5 screen theater in mid to southern California although will consider other areas in the state. Know these are few and far between. Thanks for any help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Looking for a theater. 28 Apr 2004 13:21 #8113

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Aren't we all.

I'm looking or a rich woman with a pickup truck to cook and clean for me.

Send picture of the truck.

Re: Looking for a theater. 28 Apr 2004 13:52 #8114

• Reel-Life
  • Junior Boarder
Good one Large!! ROTFL!!

Re: Looking for a theater. 28 Apr 2004 16:11 #8115

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Right on, Large!... Put me down for one of those, too... Could you make sure she looks just like Cameron Diaz?... If so, I might waive the truck requirement...

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 11:27 #8116

Of course if she turns out to actually be Cameron Diaz, she can afford to buy you the truck!

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 11:46 #8117

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, that works for me!... ;-}

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 12:08 #8118

• Reel-Life
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, but I would much rather have Jessica Alba then Cameron Diaz.

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 12:45 #8119

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I'd be happy with just the truck!

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 13:14 #8120

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
"Everyone to his own taste," the old man said as he kissed his cow!...

Re: Looking for a theater. 29 Apr 2004 23:15 #8121

• newtothis
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you all for your kind, informative replies. I know that seasoned theater owners and managers such as you respond to your customers with the same courtesy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newtothis:
Looking for a 3-5 screen theater in mid to southern California although will consider other areas in the state. Know these are few and far between. Thanks for any help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: Looking for a theater. 30 Apr 2004 00:12 #8122

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, I'm supposed to be the harsh one!

Seriously, lighten up. You asked a very generic question that actually requires a great deal of knowledge about specific areas to know the answer to. It also helps to give us a little background so we can be more helpful to you. What kind of theatre are you looking for besides its screen count? Urban, suburban or rural? Are you looking for a theatre for a discount house, a first run theatre, a move over house, an art house?

Here's a tip. Visit Cinematour.com Adam Martin has compiled an absolutely incredible listing of theatres around the country and around the world. Under the cinemas link, select California and then look for recently closed theatres in markets you are interested in. Or, contact a good commercial real estate broker who covers a large area and see what they can come up with.

Most of us have businesses to run and work to do. There has been a rather large influx of newbies on this site and most of you are asking the same questions that have already been covered in detail. We're glad to help answer questions if they are intelligent ones. Yours wasn't.

Re: Looking for a theater. 30 Apr 2004 00:44 #8123

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Hi New
We don't mean to be flippant or insulting,but your question was just too general.Read the FAQ stuff,and maybe ask a specific question.A lot of us like to help people,but as Rialto says,we all work and we are not in the business of researching individual needs.Contact a booker(which I am),or ask questions from distribs or even local officials.
Good luck

Re: Looking for a theater. 30 Apr 2004 00:49 #8124

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
We didn't mean to hurt your feelings, and Rialto is telling you the facts: your question is almost like asking "where can I buy a new Lexus for less than $10,000."... IF we knew of such a situation, half of us would be checking it out for ourselves... We don't usually have many opportunities to just wing one very often, and your query hit the right vibes... And like Rialto told you, digging around on Cinematour might uncover something, or there are some realtors/brokers whose posts you will find in the archives around here... Look around in the older posts here...

Re: Looking for a theater. 30 Apr 2004 09:06 #8125

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Once you go to www.cinematour.com and click on 'Cinemas' and select "California", you will find a huge list that will occupy many pages and take quite a while to download, but will have few details about the individual sites, so then make up or print out a list of those of interest and go to www.CinemaTreasures.org and type in the specific theatre/cinema name and they will likely have a short history of it that may guide you to it. If they don't have anything of use to you, one can always go to the absolute authority on American theatres since 1969, The Theatre Historical Soc. of America at: www.HistoricTheatres.org and on their front page is the E-mail address of their Ex. Director who may be able to find information on a SPECIFIC theatre that most strikes your interest. If you want general information on dozens of theatres/cinemas, you had best set up an appointment to go to them to use their Archive to read through the thousands of documents they have on virtually every site in the nation. It would be best to first mail them a list of the theatres of interest so that they can prepare the documents before your visit; they can prepare such a list for you, but with only a volunteer staff that is always overworked, you would do better to prepare your own list in advance.

What you ask entails a LOT of research, as the others here have made clear, and you can't expect people to do such without compensation, since their time is worth money just as is yours. You possibly thought that some of us would know of a certain site and mention it by name/location, but apparently no one has any such site in mind at present. Best Wishes on your search, and let us know, please, what develops. We are much better at giving advice in the development/operation phases of exhibition. Jim
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Looking for a theater. 30 Apr 2004 10:21 #8126

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
You're looking for a 3 to 5 screen theater, but you didn't say what you want to do with it. Are looking to buy a theater? Lease a theater? Manage a theater?

There's a three screen theater in Blythe, Calif that was for sale. It's the only theater for miles. Contact This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction