Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: update

update 19 Apr 2004 18:18 #8047

• big_rob_19
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been reading the informative archives of this site far a few months now. Thank you once again for the great information.

The veterans of this site still request for us "newbies" to refer to the FAQ's for basic questions.

I was wondering if anyone will be willing to share more up to date statistical information. Any info about more current construction costs, per cap estimates, popualtion ratios, success rates in ceratin poulation markets, etc.?

I understand that this information may be in NATO's encyclopedia, but i can't afford it and is not in a library within 100 miles of me. Is there any other way i can obtain the encyclopedia?

Thank You,
BIG ROB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: update 21 Apr 2004 07:38 #8048

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Big Rob, you state that the NATO ENCYCLOPEDIA is not in any nearby library. Well, if you can get the proper title of it, it is quite possible that any public or school library can locate it via the Inter-Library Loan program to which most libraries subscribe, and have it sent to them to loan to you. Your library takes the risk of holding the book for the time that the lending library wishes to part with it. Some libraries charge for this service, some do not. Go to the librarian there and ask them to search the OCLC data base and find out who has it and then if they will loan it. Many libraries will not loan a book if it is their only copy, so if that is the case, ask the librarian to note which is the closest library with it, and you could go to them to view it there. Most libraries have on-line sites with hours, directions, and policies, and your library can probably give you thier web address.

There is also the possibility that the book is on-line or available for purchase as a cheaper DVD via www.amazon.com or others. A search by the title may in order. Best Wishes. Jim
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: update 23 Apr 2004 09:35 #8049

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I may be wrong, but I don't think any library would have this. Its more a trade publication. Good Luck

Re: update 23 Apr 2004 11:16 #8050

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Greetings Big Rob/ I think the best way to ask a question is to first search and see if it has been answered before. That's why we always suggest the FAQ. After that ask a specific to the point question. "Any info about more current construction costs, per cap estimates, popualtion ratios, success rates in ceratin poulation markets, etc.?" These are topics that can and do consume books, consultants, and great variations depending on if you are in NYC or Houlton, Maine. No one can answer too generalized questions. Also keep in mind: most of the people here at bigscreenbiz own and/or operate one or more theatres. We are busy. We will help. We want to help. Be specific and we might be able to. Best/ Mike

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: update 23 Apr 2004 11:19 #8051

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
P.S. "can't afford the NATO book?": Then how is it you think you can start a movie theatre? If you can't dedicate a few thousand bucks to research and see if an all consuming business venture that will require a minimum of tens of thousands of dollars........... it should be a very loud wake up call.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: update 23 Apr 2004 11:52 #8052

• criterion
  • Junior Boarder
I purchased the NATO Encyclopedia of Exhibition a few weeks ago, and I can assure you, it's well worth the money... especially if you plan on having accurate industry statistics in your business plan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction