Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What are we Showing

What are we Showing 10 Oct 2000 17:50 #794

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have had several weeks since Labor Day of poor ticket sales. We are just idling along. It is interesting that we have been doing double the business of a local 5-plex and a local 6-plex. We are waiting for them to go away.

We were running,

Margaret Chow in I'm the One that I Want.
An Iranian film called The Wind Will Carry Us.
A French film called Alice and Martin.
A German film called Aimee and Jaguar.
Another French film called Girl on the Bridge that actually made us some good money.
Chutney Popcorn that manages to combine an Indian family, Lesbianism and Motherhood into one film.
And Steal this Movie! which is about Abby Hoffman but it failed to spark any interest.

It's time to clean out the cobwebs of summer and get in to this film thing. We are opening 4 new films this week.

Best in Show, "The best comedy you'll see all year! Howlingly funny. Comic genius." —Steve Iervolino, Launch. We are required to open this film on two screens. Well we will see how this works out.

Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, Winner of the discovery Award, Toronto Film Festival 1999. You begin to wonder about films like this while you are changing the marqee.

Psycho Beach Party, Fun, Fun, Fun! Till your Drag Queen takes the surfboard away.

Phish, Bittersweet Motel, Phish is the most revered band in America now that the Grateful Dead are gone. And they have made a documentary film about their concert experience.

Ian

[This message has been edited by Large (edited October 10, 2000).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What are we Showing 24 Oct 2000 11:00 #795

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ian,
I was very interested in your showing of "Phish, Bittersweet Motel". What was the turnout for that? I would very much like to see it but havn't seen it advertised around here at all. How can I get it? Do you think it will ever be released in video for general purchase?

Re: What are we Showing 24 Oct 2000 19:37 #796

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We made $850.00 playing it once per day. It had already played in the county for a week before we got it.

The film is distributed by Rialto Pictures in LA. The fellow's name is Mike Thomas and his phone number is (323) 876-5555.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction