Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby do trailers come seperate?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: do trailers come seperate?

do trailers come seperate? 23 Oct 2000 19:59 #791

When you get your films, are trailers already attached or is this negotiated seperate and you have to splice them on? I've read in other areas of the forum of people looking for specific trailers-what is the whole deal here/ How do you know, especially if your small, what you can advertise as "coming soon"? How does this work with posters as well?

Also, when showing 2 different shows for your early and late (I've read all the "running clean" stuff, but when it is ok to do it), do you have to wind reels daily to switch the movies?

Thanks for any input!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: do trailers come seperate? 24 Oct 2000 12:24 #792

Susie,
Most of the time a trailer now comes attached to the head of the first reel of a movie. All the movie companies would like thier trailer to play on every movie.We always recieved notes in with the trailers that were shipped separately as to where they wished them to be placed. If we could accomdate we would. The large corporations now send out "lists" of what trailers to put on with what new release.This is a kind of "i'll scratch your back" situation to keep in good relations with the studios. If you ever promised that it would be on a movie and it was not you heard about it.
(yes some companies check) I think most independants try to use the "managers choice "approach as to what they think they might book or what is appropriate to play with which movie.(i.e don't put a Happy Gilmore trailer on Balto) (yes my projectionist did) The attached trailer always plays with the movie it came on.
-GTE

Re: do trailers come seperate? 24 Oct 2000 12:33 #793

Part 2
Posters We received all kinds put up what we were fairly sure that we were getting and did nothing with the limited release stuff.

Most films anre now"Built up " on a platter sytems inwhich all the reels are spliced together and play through the projector and are automatically rewound as they play. This eliminated the need to have two projectors for each screen and from having to change reels every 20 minutes. It takes me less than an hour to build up a print and even less to break one down. Extreme care must be taken in this process to make sure all the reels are in the right order and that none are backwards. Also some problems I have had is with the terrible plastic reels that Technicolor prints come on almost always fall apart thus you have a chance of ruining a print while building it. I hope that this has answered most of your questions If you have more let me know.
-GTE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction