Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Newbie looking for help in MN
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie looking for help in MN

Newbie looking for help in MN 26 Mar 2004 23:09 #7779

• mosquito
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone in Minnesota (Twin Cities area) willing to help a newbie learn the ropes? I had a double major of Film and IT in college and of course went the IT route when it came time to start a career. I'm only 25 and already need to get out of IT and do something more rewarding. I love films and know I would love running my own theater, but I have no idea where to start (besides reading EVERYTHING on this site and the other sites mentioned here and there). Unfortunately, my courses were mostly film theory instead of production, so I'm even a novice when it comes to most of the equipment. Anyone able to help me out?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie looking for help in MN 26 Mar 2004 23:18 #7780

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Reading everything on this site will be a huge help,but working in a theatre for awhile is invaluble,especially if you get an owner/mgr who will help you learn the ropes.Film Theory is fine,but won't earn you a dime.
Good luck

Re: Newbie looking for help in MN 26 Mar 2004 23:19 #7781

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
By the way,I do know a theatre owner who lives part-time in your area.He might be interested in a joint venture/partnership of some kind

Re: Newbie looking for help in MN 27 Mar 2004 00:15 #7782

• mosquito
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for responding. I totally agree that film theory will get me nowhere -- that's what the IT degree was supposed to be for! :-) If you don't think it would be too forward of me to contact that owner, could you provide some more info? Please use the e-mail link above and we can converse outside of the forum. Thanks again!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction