Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Theater websites...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theater websites...

Theater websites... 24 Mar 2004 10:16 #7775

• bjork24
  • Junior Boarder
I wanted to start a topic about websites and theaters... do they mix? Should they mix? How much emphasis do you put on your website?

As a web application developer and freelance web designer, I can tell you that I plan on infusing all sorts of elements into our (potential) theater's website.

Beyond showtimes and theater information, what are some other key technologies (information services) that you would translate well onto your website? (i.e. forums, ticket availability, buying tickets online, etc..).

[This message has been edited by bjork24 (edited March 24, 2004).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theater websites... 24 Mar 2004 11:28 #7776

• Alysa
  • Senior Boarder
Try visiting the ARCLIGHT website “www.arclightcinemas.com” as an example of what can be done with customer service websites.

Beside the standard menu of displaying information; including online purchasing of tickets, seat selection & reserving seating, processing of theater memberships promoting special events, and so on.

I use this website almost on a weekly basis and have never purchased tickets at the box-office – I just print them off at home and show them to the usher as I walk in.

They also have KIOSKS mounted in the front of the theater so that tou can walk-up and purchase tickets for any movie, any day, w/o standing in a box office line. Cool!

That’s showbiz customer service for you…

[This message has been edited by Alysa (edited March 24, 2004).]

Re: Theater websites... 24 Mar 2004 11:37 #7777

• bjork24
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Alysa! I checked out arclight's website, and they have a lot of stuff that I like.

Re: Theater websites... 25 Mar 2004 16:58 #7778

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
To give you some ideas, go to any of the 300-some Theatre Links on the page of that name on the sidebar of the front page of the Theatre Historical Society's site: www.HistoricTheatres.org

No doubt you will find many ideas visiting some of those sites by merely clicking on their links there. Best Wishes, Jim
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction