Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby ADA ruling on wheelchair space
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ADA ruling on wheelchair space

ADA ruling on wheelchair space 24 Mar 2004 11:55 #7773

• Blue sky
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone know what the requlation/rule is on how many spaces I need for wheelchairs. Should my architect know this? thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ADA ruling on wheelchair space 25 Mar 2004 16:53 #7774

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, your architect should know this, but if he is not familiar with theatres, it is possible he will guess and tell you what you want to hear (it is you who bears the legal responsibility, not him). This is one of the many reasons that it is better to get a man EXPERIENCED in theatres/cinemas to do the work; there are many firms listed here and in other theatres sites whose credentials you may sometimes check out right at the site. If you know someone who has or is renovating a theatre/cinema, it is a good idea to contact them for an evaluation of a firm's performance. You might also contact your state office of the American Institute of Architects to learn what credentials are required in your state/municipality and what architects they recommend. Note that they will only recommend those architects/engineers who are members; there are many competent men who, however, do not belong to that trade group. Best Wishes.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction