Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Seating space...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seating space...

Seating space... 19 Mar 2004 11:50 #7755

• bjork24
  • Junior Boarder
What's the rule of thumb for estimating seating space? For instance, if I had 900 sq. ft. of floor space for seating, how many seats could I fit into it? I've heard a couple different values tossed about (12 sq.ft. per seat all the way up to 18 sq.ft. per seat). How did you guys calculate your seating capacity?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Seating space... 19 Mar 2004 22:45 #7756

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Well, I just did it a few months ago. I figured out how much space one seat takes (subtract out the extra standard) and then figured out how many would go in a row. If you have two aisles (like I do) then the standards will be an issue that you'll have to account for (ie nine seats in a row require ten standards). Then you need to calculate how much leg room you want to allow for. You could do this by bringing a tape measure and figuring out what the nearest multiplex uses or you could do like I did and sit down and measure how much leg room you want to give. Then you multiply that out by how close you want to be to the screen in the first row. That'll give you how many seats you can fit in. Don't forget to allow for wheelchair spots. I'm sure there is a formula somewhere to make all this easier but I did it by touch and feel and it worked out pretty well if I do say so myself.

[This message has been edited by leeler (edited March 19, 2004).]
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction