Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Theatre is located in a "Red Zone"

My Theatre is located in a "Red Zone" 14 Mar 2004 11:40 #7695

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I used to have my Technicolor prints delivered to the offices of my day job. However I have recently changed jobs and film delivery is now not an option where I work.

I called Technicolor to make alternative arrangements for delivery. I wanted to do a "key drop" (as I do with ETS). Techicolor has refused my request for a key drop. WHY? Because I am in a "Red Zone" - meaning that my theatre is located withing a certain radius of the local airborne terminal.

Since I a weekend only house it now means that I must spend a couple of hours on a Thursday night waiting for a driver to appear whenever I have a Technicolor show. Technicolor did offer me the alternative to physically pick up the print myself at the airborne terminal counter at anytime that I wished.....however I would still have to pay the airborne delivery fee.

I have always been convinced that the incestuous relationship between airborne and technicolor is a classic tying arrangement scenario and would make a great class action anti-trust lawsuit.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited March 14, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited March 14, 2004).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My Theatre is located in a "Red Zone" 14 Mar 2004 12:51 #7696

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
They do have their ways--but I sure love their price vs. ETS which recently shut down the Milwaukee Depot and consolidated around Chicago--now I am up to $77 with ETS. I much prefer the $18.22.

Is there a business close by that would work with you? I use a shoe store across the street in one of my towns for drops and the owner has a key to let Airborne in for pick-ups.

One town was using the police station--but that is nice about a small community--I doubt a larger police station would want the bother.

Another theatre I know uses a 24 hour mini mart close by--for a few passes and some popcorn it has worked for years.

Re: My Theatre is located in a "Red Zone" 14 Mar 2004 18:59 #7697

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We use the biz supply next door.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: My Theatre is located in a "Red Zone" 15 Mar 2004 10:37 #7698

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There are several businesses here in the same block that use each other for deliveries.

The biggest thing I think you should consider doing it getting to know the Airborne driver. We've gotten to know ours pretty well ( goes for UPS as well! ).
So he knows where to leave stuff if no one is there, and he cuts us some slack on our delivery / pickup "window".

If he is a local person, which he might be if the depot is near, give him a couple of passes or something ( if he is allowed to take them, of course ) to get the relationship going.

Tony

[This message has been edited by tratcliff (edited March 15, 2004).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction