Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions?

Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions? 28 Feb 2004 12:12 #7579

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
So, what do you have to say about how it is going at your theater? Is it too violent for some? Are people bringing their kids? How are the group presales working out? Problems with refunds? Are many people new to your theater or are they your regular clientele? Are you carding for the R rating with the group sales?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions? 28 Feb 2004 18:21 #7580

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Well---my one print is doing very well--in 3 1/2 days it turned what is historically one of my weakest months into what will be the busiest Feb. I have had--and it is leap year

Reactions have been very somber--a few "wows" but mostly people sit til the last inch of film runs thru projector--than slowly start leaving. I have not had one negative comment--and quite a few repeats--which is surprising me as much as my high per cap.

I definately am getting people I never saw in, alot of my regulars are waiting til crowds thin. I have been pulling from the cities around me as they are sold out--and I have a much larger auditorium.

I am not sure if it has 4 weeks legs in my limited market--but am very happy I was allowed a print.

Pastors from my other towns were invited to the pastorial showing I did last Wed, and the ones that went have contacted me on pre planning when I get a print into the other towns.

I am not paying much attention to the rating at this time, and really have not had that many young people yet--in all cases they were part of a chaperoned group, or with parents---definately not the same concerns I had with the "American Pie" series

Re: Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions? 28 Feb 2004 18:26 #7581

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I forgot to mention--I have never seen churches work together so well as with this picture--all churches Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, ect, ect are working together--each church picked a group of days and are open to people to come and discuss the movie after viewing it.

I have not had a chance to see if they are getting any turn out yet--as the first chuch is covering thru tonight, then a different church takes over tomorrow. I am interested though and planning on calling tonight.

Re: Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions? 28 Feb 2004 23:52 #7582

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
I'd say our customer reactions have been similar. A few walk-outs on some shows. Only a couple of angry people demanding refunds. Mostly they are shell shocked, very emotional or numb. Some flee as soon as that first end title card hits the screen and others stay through to the very last frame.

In general advance sales have worked out well. We have done a fair amount of exchanging tickets from one showtime to another, which is a bit of a hassle, but its generally ok.

Lots of customers we've not seen before. Some seem impressed with our array of films (we are an arthouse) and others are just here for this film. Of course grosses are strong this weekend, the real test will be next weekend. On the plus side, it moves a good amount of popcorn, which helps pay for the extra staff to keep people organized, get the auditorium cleaned quickly and serve people quickly in concessions.

Re: Passion - audience and exhibitor reactions? 29 Feb 2004 17:52 #7583

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I viewed "The Passion" last night at the Coming Attractions' Crescent Cinemas in Crescent City, CA and spoke to the manager, Matt, afterwards. The 6:15pm showing I attended was sold out. Matt said it's the best thing he's got going on his 8 screens. He said the crowds have been very quiet with some weeping as they exit. There have been no problems with the crowds and no stupid questions as reported by some. There were no children at the showing I attended.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction