Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Partner Wanted

Partner Wanted 06 Feb 2004 13:05 #7420

• G-SQUARED
  • Fresh Boarder
My wife and I own and operate a large full service restaurant in northeastern MA. The previous owners ran a dinner theater in a large addition to the building which is now vacant. The addition is a metal framed building with a tiered floor and very high ceiling. The restaurant holds it's own but we think things would really take off if we re-opened the dinner theater as a dinner cinema. There is no other cinema in town.
I have been reading the postings here for some time now and it has been very informative but there still seems to be a lot to learn. I contacted an equipment vendor linked through this site and he visited the building and said it was well suited to one or even two screens.
We are looking for a business partner who comes to the table with some expertise in the cinema industry as well as some funding. This is the real deal, we aren't slick operators, just hard working honest folks. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Partner Wanted 06 Feb 2004 14:46 #7421

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi G-Squared!

Can you give us a little more info like population, distance to nearest competition and what kind of financing you're talking about?

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Partner Wanted 06 Feb 2004 15:46 #7422

• G-SQUARED
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I"ll try to hit the important points. The nearest competition is a cinema pub about a 30 min. drive and a new Mega-plex about 40 minutes away. We are 3 miles away from the interstate on a state road with an average daily traffic count above 20,000.
I can't give you an exact radius population, but our town and the surrounding towns total over 35,000. The area is affulent and growing rapidly.
Incidently the dinner theater was in opperation for over 30 years and was very successful until the end.
As far as financing goes, I have begun to get rough estimates. The theater, although totally structurally sound, needs to be completely fitted out and will require a substantial investment.

Re: Partner Wanted 07 Feb 2004 12:20 #7423

i own the gloucester cinema, so i may be close by. I would like to talk to you.

Re: Partner Wanted 09 Feb 2004 17:11 #7424

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Thanks G-Squared. I come up with about $70 thousand to completely equip it as a single screen with a mix of rebuilt and new equipment.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Partner Wanted 11 Feb 2004 06:02 #7425

• G-SQUARED
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Bob,
That pretty much squares with estimates I"ve gotten.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction