Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Cinema

General Cinema 27 Sep 2000 09:48 #741

Appears that General Cinema is closing in Southeast? Is this "another one bites the dust"?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: General Cinema 05 Oct 2000 09:32 #742

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
General Cinemas did close all their Florida locations. Yesterday it was announced in the Tacoma News Tribune and on local television that General Cinemas is closing today the Lincoln Plaza 8 in Tacoma, Washington. Last week they closed the Gateway Center 8 in Federal Way, Wash.

The Lincoln Plaza was only 6 years old and was a nice, clean theater with good sound (including THX) and projection. They got killed when Regal opened a 15 plex down the street a year ago.

Re: General Cinema 05 Oct 2000 10:52 #743

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Wouldn't be great if we could implement some kind of freeze on the big guys. Sure, if they want to build a 15 plex in some area where there isn't any theatres in a certain radius okay. But it really sucks putting the little guys out of business for their own inflated gains. I wish people would wake up and boycott or something. The big companies may have the bucks but we,THE PEOPLE, decide weather they make it or not. I see all my movies at a privately owned 3 screen theatre. Not very far away there is a big UA Theatre. I choose the little guy. I think its the right thing to do!

Re: General Cinema 05 Oct 2000 22:05 #744

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Word has it that GC is closing their Mayfair MAll plex in Milwaukee WI too! Its brand new, luxury auditoriums, etc. My co-worker went there about a month ago and said the auditorium he was in was filthy and had pools of soda running down the floors. I have yet to check the place out. The multiplex is at a swanky upscale shopping mall. Theatre looks beautiful outside.

Re: General Cinema 10 Oct 2000 23:14 #745

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
It's official, GC is closing its 2 Luxury Auditoriums at Mayfair Mall. What's weird is they still are keeping the other 16 screens open. This location is less than 1.5 years old and doing great business, from what the media says.

Re: General Cinema 11 Oct 2000 15:46 #746

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
It's official...General Cinema filed chapter 11 bankruptcy today!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction