Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby what to charge non-profit groups
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: what to charge non-profit groups

what to charge non-profit groups 08 Feb 2004 16:19 #7398

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I am wondering how, in general, how do the rest of you charge non-profit groups (i.e. Chamber of Commerce) for doing a "free" community showing. I am only talking about movies available "flat rate" as I don't believe any of the organizations by me would care to pick up the tab on a percentage movie.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: what to charge non-profit groups 08 Feb 2004 19:40 #7399

We charge a straight rate for the theatre. We will do the booking but they pay for the fees/rental and shipping. Concessions are ours. They can charge whatever they want to get into the movie.

Sometimes we will hook up with a charity that is dear to our heart and then we negotiate. Usually we just want to break even and then everything else will go to that charity. You need to affiliate yourself with that charity or every other charity in town will be on your doorstep.

While so many of them are very good causes you will go broke trying to help all of them.

Re: what to charge non-profit groups 08 Feb 2004 21:30 #7400

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I've done something similar, but I end up splitting the costs (flat rate + shipping) and then keeping the concessions. We end up trying to get a night we aren't usually showing movies or even a matinee during a regular movie booking.
"What a crazy business"

Re: what to charge non-profit groups 09 Feb 2004 19:23 #7401

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
On a flat rate rental on a cartoon almost out of availability: We just did one and it might as well been a freebie: 200.00 for a Chamber "free" show and we kept the concession. On the other hand sometimes we do shows for others for up to 500.00. If we have to pay a flat fee and a transpotation it's +/- minimum of 250.00 cost to us. If they're bring a lot of people we hope to make it back on the concession.

Passion of Christ shows......churches are "four walling" for a show. We are selling them all the tickets and they invite everyone. We are discounting but not much as they want to do this in the first week.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction