Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks For The Theatres

Thanks For The Theatres 04 Oct 2000 12:20 #732

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I sat down last evening to watch a movie last night on the t.v. The movie was "Broken Arrow" with Christen Slater and John Travolta. Now, a movie usually runs for 2hrs. or a little over right? This movie started at 8:00 p.m. and because of all the commercials wasn't over till 11:00 p.m. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy a movie with that many breaks. At one time I counted six commercials then they show the title of the movie and say they'll be right back and show four more commercials. Besides that the station started fading in and out.
Any way what all this is boiling down to is its so great to be able to go to the theatre and see the movie on a big screen and without any distractions.
How can people wait to see a movie on t.v.
The logic is beyound me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Thanks For The Theatres 04 Oct 2000 14:51 #733

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was just about to go to bed last night when The Usual Suspects came on. I had to watch. I was screaming at the comercials, "get on with it!"

During the last show I was begging for my 32 foot wide screen at my theatre in order to see all the clues at the end of the film.

Re: Thanks For The Theatres 05 Oct 2000 10:42 #734

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
How can people stand to go through that kind of torture time and time again.They say that Elvis once shot a hole in his t.v. set a revolver. Think he had a handle on things long before we did?

Re: Thanks For The Theatres 06 Oct 2000 09:10 #735

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
But you'll notice that almost the first 30 minutes is commercial free to suck you in. How many times have I fell for the trick? One time I was watching the Fugitive and bitching about the breaks when I realized I had the video tape and if I would just get up off the couch and switch I could watch it comm free. But did I get up? NOOOOOOOOOO!

I rented Usual Suspects a few weeks ago. It's su bogus but I love that film. "And on that farm he shot some guys..eee---iiii--eee--iiii-ooooooo"
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction