Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Passion update

Passion update 26 Jan 2004 10:50 #7290

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
New Market release. 2000 prints. many doubles. Minimum of 4 weeks. Extra prints from doubles coming off available on March 19th. 4 weeks????? I asked "can I move it from my one theatre to the other?" Nope. Hunh!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Passion update 26 Jan 2004 17:54 #7291

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Mike--maybe if you took a second print at the one theatre they would let you move one after 2 weeks

Re: Passion update 27 Jan 2004 13:37 #7292

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Are there that many people who want to see this? (D

All three screens all the time! 24/7!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited January 27, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited January 27, 2004).]
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Passion update 27 Jan 2004 13:46 #7293

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
The initial allocation would not have gotten us a print either but our bookers got some extra copies. We had been sitting on the fence and didn't mind not being able to get a copy. When they called and offered us a print we turned them down. Apparently only 50% of us were willing to take a print when offered. We have reservations about whether this is a good thing for our reputation given that most churchgoers might not be expecting a graphically violent subtitled film. Sometimes people transfer their ugly feelings about a movie to the venue where they saw it. We don't have a good enough reputation to live that down. We would much rather book The Gospel According to St John.

Re: Passion update 29 Jan 2004 21:52 #7294

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Beckwith,

In the Bay Area, we were offered Gospel According to John for Feb. 13th. Unfortunately we are full on that date, but will get it in sooner or later. Thought you might want to know that ThinkFilm is trying to get out ahead of Passion.

Good luck!

Re: Passion update 30 Jan 2004 13:42 #7295

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks, Rialto!

Gospel according to John has already opened here in a couple of theaters. Thinkfilm doesn't have enough money to make a lot of copies so we weren't offered a copy. The only clergy person that I have talked with about Passion didn't even recognize that there was another religious movie in current release right now. Guess that it is not being advertised too heavily in the church community. I understand from my booker that it has already made the rounds in the bible belt where it did well and is now moving north and west.

Our schedule is also crowded and getting more so with the Academy nominations that we didn't get on release date getting worked in. I don't know whether we will be able to get it in or not at this point.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction