Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: All That Neon

All That Neon 02 Oct 2000 11:50 #729

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I was reading an article in a trade magazine the other day about creating tempting concession displays. And it got me to thinking. It seems all they talked about was neon sign this and neon sign that. I guess the article was written for those big city theatres because we have only one neon sign in our whole lobby. I think what works for you is the best idea. I just have things marked and visible and it seems to work for me. I think if the person comming to your theatre is a regular movie goer they pretty much know what they want to snake on. If they don't see it they ask. Soooo, do we need all that neon?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: All That Neon 02 Oct 2000 17:55 #730

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We just renovated a theatre nine months ago. One of my partner's things was to make this look less like a movie theatre and more like a Legitimate Theatre. We removed the Movie Theatre carpeting, we removed all the flashing lights and we removed the oddly placed neon. The neon consisted of three lightning bolts in the ceiling and two jagged lines above the concession stand.

So the lobby was renovated to look like an Italian courtyard overlooking a vineyard. So opening weekend this lady comes in and says that our lobby looks marvelous, but what it really needed was some neon. My partner about killed her. Turns out she was a sales lady for a neon sign company.

Neon done well is a work of art. Neon done badly is a sign of poor taste and is tacky. It gives the impression of being down market.

Re: All That Neon 03 Oct 2000 10:37 #731

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Hay Large, those tricky little sales people are everywhere aren't they. I suppose that the neon has its place; but I always thought it just detracted from the mood. If your going for that kind of theme it certainly is okay. But when your trying to stay with an orginal look and there's a neon Pepsi Logo behind your Snack Bar,then I think something's wrong with the picture. In the end though I guess it just comes down to whatever makes your boat float.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction