Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Movies which appeal to teens
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Movies which appeal to teens

Movies which appeal to teens 27 Sep 2000 11:37 #719

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We are thinking about staring midnight shows on Fri. & Sat Nights. The idea behind this (beisdes hopefully generating some extra income) is to give teens something to do instead of being in their cars doing whatever. My question is does anyone know of a website, list etc. of movies that would appeal to the 16-20 age group. We are hoping to get some participation from the schools and others in helping chose the movies, but I thought if I had a list to start with, it might helpful. Thanks. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Movies which appeal to teens 27 Sep 2000 14:22 #720

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hard one to say! Isn't there a problem of teens being up or out until 2:00-3:00 in the AM? Generally they want to see the hottest movies so how about just having a late show of what you have? Or book a series of fun, wacky movies like beach, monster, etc. flicks and combine it with a host, music, etc???? It makes me tired thinking about it! Get someone responsible...20ish yr old and have them run it?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Movies which appeal to teens 27 Sep 2000 16:57 #721

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We have had halfway decent luck with our midnight shows. The obscure films, horror or sci-fi do the best. We also run a promo at the snack bar for the midnight shows, and reduced admission at 3 bucks a head. The crowd that shows up is always very interesting. They also have commented on the weird trailers that we attach to the midnite shows. Classic drive in crap from the 70s or campy horror stuff from that era that I have collected over the years. Heck, they'd probably pay just to see an hours worth of those. We plan on trying something really different for halloween. All 3 screens running horror films at midnight. Should prove to be interesting.

But, keep the drunks out!

Re: Movies which appeal to teens 27 Sep 2000 23:53 #722

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Something that works for me is to log onto imdb.com, look up potential movies, then click on the vote. if you scroll down from there you can see the demographics of who voted and what age group liked the film the best. being that i've done my time with kid shows, i usually use this to get info on what the kids are NOT seeing.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction