Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Circuited print shipping cost
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Circuited print shipping cost

Circuited print shipping cost 28 Nov 2003 20:24 #6880

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
My courier charges me for circuited prints as well as prints that come from the ETS depot, but I am under the impression that the studios pay the shipping cost when a print is circuited. Is my courier trying to get away with a double dip?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 28 Nov 2003 21:31 #6881

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
I think it depends on the studio,and what deal you work out with your salesperson.Warner Bros.,for one,is reluctant to pay for circuits.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 29 Nov 2003 12:24 #6882

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In my area if it is a Technicolor print, the circuiting is done by their subidiary Sky Courier - Even if means getting a print from a multiplex just a few miles up the road and I could (and before the advent of Technicolor service did) go get it myself for that same studio's prints. The Sky Courrier charge is the same for a Technicolor delivery. If the print is a non Technicolor print I still can go to this same mutiplex and get it myself - no problems.

In the anti-trust legal world this Technicolor mandate is often referred to as a "tying" arrangement - forcing you to pay for one service to get another (whether you need it or not). Since Technicolor lets the chains circuit prints from one theatre to another without Sky Courier intervention, I have always thought that this was a nice class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 29 Nov 2003 16:41 #6883

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
I've never had this problem with Technicolor. I simply call them on Wednesday and ask that the circuit be a TMC (Theater-Managed Circuit). Never been told no.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 30 Nov 2003 01:10 #6884

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have a problem with Technicolor. I am referring to prints from a private courier who transports all non-technicolor prints.
Circuited technicolor prints to my location often come via yellow cab from Reno--three hours away. I surely don't mind paying 18.11 for that.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 30 Nov 2003 19:50 #6885

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Until this week, I have never had an ETS printed circuited. We have always received them through our regular carrier. This week, it seems that our print of The Missing was being circuited via Network Courier. Since our regular carrier was here dropping off trailers for the film and picking up another film we will have to pay them for this week. I am still wondering how much we will have to pay Network Courier or whoever sends me a bill for shipping The Missing.

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 30 Nov 2003 22:42 #6886

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Sony should pay for the 'special" on THE MISSING.Its first run and they are responsible for getting it to you.If prints were late out of the lab,or coming off a sneak,thats Sonys problem

Re: Circuited print shipping cost 01 Dec 2003 20:12 #6887

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
we self circuit all the time and it's a p[ain. 75 miles each way to meet in the middle. I prefer UPS as long as you have a day!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction