Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: grok!

grok! 03 Sep 2000 20:29 #685

• EdwardT
  • Fresh Boarder
For all of you interested in learning about what effect the Internet Economy is having on Entertainment, checkout the Industry Standards 'grok'. This months debut issue focuses entirely on the Entertaiment Industry.

There are some really good articles in the magazine. My only regret while reading the magazine was that their list of 50 entertainment sites to watch did not include Bigscreenbiz. Oh well Mike You are sure to be there next time they focus on Entertainment.

If you are going to look for the magazine, it has a shot of Charlie Chaplin from Modern Times on the cover. Happy reading. If others do check it out I would love to start a discussion about some of the articles.

Derek Anderson
WebMaster
Bigscreenbiz.com
Derek Anderson
WebMaster
Bigscreenbiz.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: grok! 05 Sep 2000 09:12 #686

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, maybe we weren't mentioned in 'grok', but we were listed in the top twenty five most interesting movie websites in the Independent Marketing Edges' Industry Yellow Pages. That should count for something don't cha think?

Re: grok! 08 Sep 2000 19:27 #687

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
I do subscribe to Industry Standard and Grok and I was surprised to find this article pretty consumer oriented and very unbusiness helpful. I didn't see one real tool for anyone in the movie business... except IMDB which is simply the greatest movie data base anywhere ever and a little bit for EntertainmentWeekly.com and Hollywood.com which are still basically for fans. Should we have been there? It would have been nice. I'd have been shocked. We're not worthy and I mean it! Variety.com? absolutely. What was that about?

By the way; I thought Industry Standard felt a little light so I looked at the March issues and they were , pre internet bubble collapse, twice as many pages! Ouch!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction