Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quick Question

Quick Question 22 Nov 2003 22:26 #6833

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
If I had a video projector along with a regular film projector, how hard is it to get permission to show films on that? For instance, if I wanted to show a film like Winged Migration on it what would I have to do and is it possible? Or say I want to have college night at my theater and play films like Old School or Animal House or Adam Sandler every Friday or Saturday evening and let college students in for half price if they have an ID, would this be possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quick Question 23 Nov 2003 13:00 #6834

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It isn't hard; you just talk to the same booker. What you are talking about is non-theatrical which usually is a flat rate charge like $150-$500. You usually only deal with one company like Swank or the like.

Theatrical booking is usually 35%-70% but you have to have a contract with each distributor.

In order to have video look very good, you usually have to spend 3 times more for the equipment than for film. Also for film like you listed the only video material available will be NTSC/Standard Definition, which is barely adequate for presentation.

Films like Winged Migration, Old School and the latest Adam Sandler will be readily available in 35mm, so that is what you should book. The charges will be the same. Shipping will be a bit more.

Re: Quick Question 23 Nov 2003 14:09 #6835

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
How difficult is it to get the classics on 35mm to play at the theater?

Re: Quick Question 23 Nov 2003 16:22 #6836

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Less than 10-years-old is as easy as a phone call.

More than 20-years-old = crap shoot.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction