Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded

Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded 06 Nov 2003 14:38 #6640

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
See, I told you this film would not have as big of an opening. It only made 24.1 million yesterday, way down from the 42.5 Reloaded made opening day. And the word of mouth for this film is horrid. I was online last night in an AOL chat and most of the room had already seen the film. I would say that about 85% of the room was going off about how much they hated the film.

My prediction for Matrix Revoltuions this weekend is a weekend gross of about 57 million for this weekend, Friday through Sunday, with about a 55% drop next weekend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded 06 Nov 2003 19:35 #6641

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I never thought it would be Titanic but I'll bet I like it and that it does well enough to make me happy.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded 07 Nov 2003 13:09 #6642

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
Ahh, but Reloaded opened on a Friday, not a Wednesday, and that number included Thursday night screenings that started as early as 10pm! Revolutions Wednesday opening was the 3rd largest ever, trailing only Star Wars Episode I and LOTR: The Two Towers. They each had $60m to $65m opening weekends, so a prediction in the $55m to $60 range is probably a good guess, though. I think Wednesday releases seriously dilute the opening weekend numbers for a film, and never have understood the logic behind them.

Re: Revolutions opening day down 44% from Reloaded 07 Nov 2003 15:35 #6643

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
Wrong, Reloaded opened on a Thursday, just as slow of a day at the box office as Wednesday. Look at how much Phantom Menace and Two Towers made on their opening Wednesdays, more than what Revolutions made. They both came in with about 60 million for the weekend. Matrix will probably get close to that. But, Menace and Two Towers did not have something like Elf to deal with. Elf is attracting audiences of all ages and genders so that could pose a threat.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction