Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: film bookers

film bookers 29 Oct 2003 15:43 #6614

• lemonice1
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, does anyone have a booker that they highly recommend? I've looked over the directories on this site but I'd love to have a couple recommendations before I started making inquiries. Thanks for your time!

Brandon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: film bookers 29 Oct 2003 17:13 #6615

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Jerry Brand/Brand Booking

(972) 530-5979

Re: film bookers 29 Oct 2003 17:23 #6616

mini theatres
631 758 3456

Re: film bookers 29 Oct 2003 21:40 #6617

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Brandon

I am a booker/buyer for independents.Please feel free to contact me.(928)341 4782
email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Charlie Boeckman

Re: film bookers 31 Oct 2003 20:44 #6618

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
I've said it before, so I'll say it again (this is from an earlier post I made in another forum on this site):

Don't use a booker who charges you a percentage of your gross. Your booker should be paid a flat per week per screen fee regardless of your box office performance. That being said, the type of environment your theatre operates in will provide a basis for the fee. 1st run competitive zone screens should cost more than 1st run non-competitive zone screens, move-over or sub run should be less than first run, rep screens cost more and midnight series or kids series should be an additional cost.

Hire a booker who you feel you can work well with. If he or she isn't interested in your business or you don't feel you can have a conversation with him/her, what is the point. On the otherhand, know that your booker has more clients than just you.

Ask for references. Call the references and talk to them about their bookers. Ask who else they used before or since the booker who gave that person as a reference.

When looking for a booker, don't call on Monday or Tuesday and expect them to talk to you about becoming a client. They are busy working for their clients. Call on Wed, Thur or Friday.

You've got to do your part as the theatre owner. That means paying the bills on time and sending in box office reports promptly. Studios appreciate this and keep track of it. Doing this will help your booker get you the films you want.

And now for a plug. I am a huge fan of Doug Endicott and Mark Schulte at Exhibitor Support Partnership in LA. Give them a call at 323-654-2799
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction