Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Words of Praise for you
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Words of Praise for you

Words of Praise for you 27 Sep 2003 22:39 #6485

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
After many moons, I have finally finished reading ALL of the old posts. So, is there some sort of hazing that I have to endure? Do I have to chug a sixer in a minute and then thread up a five plex? Do I have to clean out the caramel out of the popper with a toothpick???

I would like to first apologize to many of you for asking the same stupid question as us newbies tend to ask "Hey there, I want to start a theater, so you good people will be more than happy to provide me with all of the things I need to know. I know I can work a 5 day week and make a six figure salary in the first year no problem!".....sorry. After reading all of the posts, that question is REALLY annoying!

Now, as the 'King', I wish to bestow upon all of you the honor of Knighthood. Please raise your right hand and repeat after me: 'I <your name>, do hearby swear to provide my customers with the best possible service, always following the code of film done right, and to always treat the studios the way they deserve to be treated so help me.'

Now on to the praises, if I forget anyone please consider yourself included.

dr - thanks for being our resident tech head, the place looks great!

Mike - thanks for hosting the site. I hope your business grows as large as the Irvings.

Roxy - what can I say? You are truly the prime example of what showmanship really is.

Large - the fact that you and Ky run a 5plex art house blows me away. I hope that you keep tellin' it like it is.

Rialto - I love your website! I plan to model mine after yours

CharlieBo - thanks for explaining how all of this booking stuff works

GregBorr - keep up your computer guru ways. I hope to have your POS someday if my project takes off.

outaframe - thanks for helping me with startup info. I'll let you know what happens

John Pytlak - I don't know how you do what you do, but keep it up. I plan to always buy Kodak film for my camera from now on

Barry Floyd - Bravo! I truly wish I was in your shoes. May your lot stay full and your screen tower lights never need changin'.

Andrew - thank you for your early interest in this business. I'm probably closer to your age than many other people here(can you say Vanilla Ice?), so keep at your plans and it will happen.

BurneyFalls - Small town, one screen right? That's what I hope to do.

MesburSmith - pictures of your work is stunning, I wish you many more successes.

There are so many others, but I can't think of them right now, but thank you just the same.

Because of all of you, I am more determined to make it in this business.

The King

'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Words of Praise for you 27 Sep 2003 22:45 #6486

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I didn't see my name in there. Just for that you have to clean the butter machine that's never been cleaned.

Re: Words of Praise for you 27 Sep 2003 23:32 #6487

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
D'oh!!!!! Well since it is way past my bedtime, I hope you don't hold too much against me.

Shall I clean the thing with a toothbrush, or what??

The King

Re: Words of Praise for you 28 Sep 2003 00:19 #6488

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Joe, or is it Your Excellency?

I'm curious as to how the title of KING was bestowed upon you.

Regardless, I wish to thank you on behalf of all of us for the kindness and praise that you have bestowed upon us. It is quite moving to see that a young person such as yourself has taken the time to delve into all of this material with the intent to learn that which needs to be learned in order to commence a possible career in theatre ownership and management.

It certainly would have been nice if a site like this had been around when I started, however computers weren't even around, let alone websites.

You are certainly going about this in the correct way. Now what you need to do is to find someone near you that would be willing to take you under their wing, and allow you to learn first hand from actual experience in a theatre like that which you wish to operate.

I don't recall where you are from, but if you were in eastern Pennsylvania I would certainly be willing to have you aboard.

I wish you a lot of luck, and certainly hope that you achieve your goal. I think that I'm speaking for everyone here when I say that we will continue to be here to help you along the way.

[This message has been edited by RoxyVaudeville (edited September 28, 2003).]

Re: Words of Praise for you 28 Sep 2003 02:10 #6489

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
JOE <> Well, your Majesty, we are all, wise or otherwise, Jesters of sorts... And the Jester's job is to entertain (and inform) his King... It's rewarding that you appreciate our efforts!... Now that you have the information, you're supposed to add to it by seeking more, plus add your experiences to it... Then, when the next Newbie shows up with those inevitable first questions that need to be addressed, you should be able to add to his (or her) welcome, here... As I see it, that's the purpose of this forum... Independent theater folks are a fast disappearing breed, and anything we can do to keep the species from becoming extinct is a worthwhile effort... Like ROXY, I have been around since before computers, or even TV, and can well remember when nearly every small town in the US had a movie theater, and some of them were outstanding... Now, the majority of them are long gone, and those towns are the worse for no longer having that theater, so go ahead with your plans, and if you need something that we can help with, just ask...

Re: Words of Praise for you 28 Sep 2003 14:03 #6490

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Very nice! Some great people here and my hats off to all of you. The single most important thing we do after helping each other is build the information for the next guy and reading it all is the way to learn and pay your respects to those who took the time to illuminate the creen!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Words of Praise for you 17 Oct 2003 10:46 #6491

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Sire - I simply do the best I can. Thanks for the compliments and may realize all your future goals.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction