TOPIC: Pushing pictures via e-mail

Pushing pictures via e-mail 21 Aug 2000 09:35 #647

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
The Following New Topic and Message has been added to the Chit Chat

Topic: Coyote Ugly!
Name: Hilary
E-Mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
This is a GREAT movie. You should have it come to Belfast sometime SOON! I think you would get a big turn out by kids and adults.

I recieved this e-mail at The Colonial and I thought it looks like sophisticated advertising? I wrote back... I don't mid getting stuff like this but it's interesting that the studios/distribs know they've got to do more than buy ads on TV and print. Thoughts? Another example was when I was walking up a college area street and I saw a flyer with 3" letters that said "BIG HAIRY BALLS!" on the top so I picked it up to read it and it was a really profane and crude but funny ad for an Adam Sandler film DEMANDING that if you hated Hollywood you would GO SEE THIS MOVIE! They're reaching out! Thoughts? Does it make people want to see movies?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pushing pictures via e-mail 22 Aug 2000 18:23 #648

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
You have been open longer than we have. I'll have to watch out for that little trick. Of course it won't work so good if they are pitching a studio film to us that the competition has down the street.

That said, Coyote Ugly did have a following here. The funny thing is that two of the girs on our staff loved the film so much that they took others with them to see it again. The boys were just dissapointed that the girls of Coyote Ugly kept there cloths on.

We have a general, theatre email address, then Ky and I each have individual, theatre email addresses. Then Ky has a personal email address and I have two. My Hotmail account is getting all the spam. I have had my Hotmail account for 5 years. It is the only address I put in forms. Did your message come addressed to just your theatre or were there other recipients?

Re: Pushing pictures via e-mail 22 Aug 2000 18:39 #649

• Mike
  • Administrator
I heard from the young lady re: Coyote Ugly and in fact she's 12 and really, really loved! this movie. If you know what I mean. I have had other,similar guerrila marketing efforts done on films so it turned out not to be true this time but others? Sure. Blair Witch taught 'em.

Some will remember my ill fated bout with spam? I'm paying in Hell. I receive 10-25 spam a day but luckily they're so transparent it doesn't bother: I just delete.

Do you have all your e-dresses go into one acct for reading?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Pushing pictures via e-mail 22 Aug 2000 20:44 #650

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I use Outlook Express. (This is not an endorsement, but it is the only way to download HotMail.)

I have all my accounts set up in Outlook and it goes out and sends all and receives all every 30 minutes. I have a DSL line as well. I have different folders for my different email accounts and Outlook sorts them all out. It even seperates mail that comes addressed just to me or email that comes addressed to many people like bulk mail. (This isn't spam, it's things I subscribe to like theatre newsletters and such.) It even filters out some spam.

I never see mail where there are many people in the CC line but nobody in the Mail To line. I also don't get mail where there are no specific addresses. I don't get mail from people who try to hide their return addresses. I still get spam, but is not too bad. I never get spam on my other accounts because I never tell anybody about my other accounts.

My two pieces of advice about spam are,

1) Get yourself one of those free email addresses and use that any time you fill in a form.

2) Make up email addresses to use in forms. This doesn't work so well.

As for getting targeted marketing like Mike did, more power to em. It just keeps us on our toes. I read somewhere that today's generation of kids is more immune to maketing than any generation in the past. They see it and recognize it for what it is far faster than we do. I'm sure that by kid they mean, past the see a toy, got to have it phase.

Re: Pushing pictures via e-mail 28 Aug 2000 19:45 #651

• Mike
  • Administrator
So now I get this second one about Coyote Moon posted in my theatre's forums and man-o-man it sounds just like the other one. Or is it me?

The Following New Message has been added to the Chit Chat

Topic: Coyote Ugly!
Name: Kate
E-Mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
This is a REALLY good movie! I know you would get a big turn out of at least guys! They just wanna come and see the girls in there tight clothes and dancing on a bar! Buteven though thats why guys like it its my favorite movie for different reason! I think you should have it come to Belfast A.S.A.P! I know ALOT of my friends want to see it! It's a great movie, it has alot of good songs, its funny at times, and its a little bit of a love story! You get a bunch of different things in one movie! Thats what I love about this film! Well I have said what I thought should be said so... I will leave it up to everyone else to push this movie to the Belfast thearter! Thank you very much! and remember COYOTE UGLY should come SOOOOON!!!!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction