Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby NATO's Cinema Buying Group
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NATO's Cinema Buying Group

NATO's Cinema Buying Group 23 Sep 2003 00:48 #6426

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Received info on NATO's new Cinema Buying Group the other day. It seems like a good idea, but it doesn't seem quite fair that a single screen would have to pay the same membership fee as Cinemark or some other multi megaplex mogol.

"...The one time membership fee is a nominal $150.00, no matter what your screen count is, and it should pay for itself with the first few orders considering the substantial savings we have negotiated on your behalf."

Considering they are only currently selling Xenon bulbs and I might go through one every two or three years, I hardly think the fee is nominal; whereas the megaplexes buy dozens every year and therefore would quickly recoup the fee and, as always have the greatest savings. I think a small per screen fee would be more reasonable.

Any of you joining?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 23 Sep 2003 09:35 #6427

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I thought the same thing and directed it to the circular file.

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 23 Sep 2003 10:49 #6428

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Funny, I haven't received a Cinema Buying Group communication from NATO. I wonder if it has anything to do with our address fiasco where my local post office told NATO to quit sending our mail to the correct PO Box and just send it to the local hair salon a couple of doors down from the theater. Change of address in reverse.

Since we now buy 4 bulbs per year we would be interested although we have replaced every bulb this year and purchased backups already so we are out 8 bulbs for this year. Too bad we didn't have this information earlier.

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 24 Sep 2003 00:45 #6429

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
BURNEY <> This, like everything else done by NATO, has little or nothing to do with the small independent... We are left to row our own canoe, as usual... Any ancillary good that trickles down, is strictly a by-product... Include me OUT...

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 24 Sep 2003 01:12 #6430

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe we should start a co-op within the co-op. ???

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 24 Sep 2003 13:44 #6431

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
EUREKA, Burney!... I believe you have come up with a gem!... How 'bout the Bigscreen Biz Buying Co-Op?... Now THERE is something to ponder!... A school of small fish who hang together, and get the same deals that the Whales do... I like it!

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 25 Sep 2003 11:33 #6432

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
How about one of us buys the membership and the others funnel their orders through that account. The membership buyer gets a small fee to cover reshipping and their time and trouble. (I still haven't seen the deal so don't know if they have restricted that in some way).

Re: NATO's Cinema Buying Group 06 Oct 2003 04:06 #6433

• garymey
  • Senior Boarder
I'll join a group of people buying together. NATO of CA has been working on this for years because I guess there were some legal issues to be cleared.

Stuff shouldn't have to be reshipped...they can just ship directly to the location like a circuit would have done.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction