Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS?

the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 08:57 #6417

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Did anyone else notice that the music in the TV ads for SECOND HAND LIONS is actually from the 1991 film THE ROCKETEER? What's the story? I know that it is a trend to use old TV themes in ads, but old movie scores for new films? It is good music, but has Hollywood become so cheap that they won't pay for new scores? What gives?

Jim Rankin, member www.HistoricTheatres.org

[This message has been edited by jimor (edited September 24, 2003).]
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 11:09 #6418

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
Hollywood Cheap!? NOOOO.....Get out of town!!!! I'm still waiting for the first Reality-TV feature just for the big screen!
'The King is only as wise as his Jester'

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 11:27 #6419

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Did you miss THE REAL CANCUN?

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 12:12 #6420

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, Larry, I did miss THE REAL CANCUN, so please explain the significance.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 13:26 #6421

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, supposidly everybody saw BLAIR WITCH, and it was as "real" as the so called reality-tv stuff that's taking over the air waves... And you can be sure that someone, somewhere, is pitching a reality-tv based movie, as we speak... Ah, the joy of not having to contend with a story line, nor the cost: just make it up as you go, and do it cheap... Then hype the hell out of it, and you'll have a one-weekend wonder... Hollywood recycle old scores?... How about names: I can think of at least 20 instances where the name "Joe Rossi" was applied to a principal character... Sounds common, down to earth, yet with a slightly ethnic twang: should play equally well on the coast, and in the "bible belt."...

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 14:16 #6422

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
THE REAL CANCUN was a reality movie with a Spring Break theme that New Line released...uh, make that...let escape back in April.

Since JACKASS was based on a TV show on MTV, I'm thinking that THE REAL CANCUN was the first reality-flick, as inspired by those insipid, moronic TV shows.

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 24 Sep 2003 16:45 #6423

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
As opposed to some of the insipid,moronic films we book.like DICKIE ROBERTS and THE ORDER!!

Wasn't KELLY AND JUSTIN based on a reality series?Did anyone see it??not in my theatres!!

Re: the ROCKETEER in SECOND HAND LIONS? 01 Oct 2003 11:17 #6424

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Back to recycling movie music.

Considering that we often buy the soundtracks to movies that we have had and loved the music, I have seldom heard the same music recycled in other trailers. (Of course "Who Let the Dogs Out" is reused over and over but that doesn't count.)

However, I am having some difficulties with our new film Duplex because one of the trailers on it is for The Alamo (due out at Christmas). The soundtrack for the Alamo trailer is from Gladiator. Since we often play the Gladiator soundtrack before shows I keep thinking that the movie has not yet been started at the scheduled time and keep going in to check.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction